Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

impossible to jetison cargo

blast

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if it's normal that we can't drop the cargo when we have a landing gear panne?

Check the following image to understand what i mean:

http://imgur.com/a/r2d8s

Actually, we are able to drop the cargo when the landing gear is completely up. But when it is not up we can't. As you can see, this could be annoying in that particular case.

Its correct to my knowledge.

You do not want to fire stores on the ground :P.

The logic seems to be over simplified here since it considers that your mirage is on the airfield when the landing gear is down. The problem with this logic is when your landing gear can't be retracted as described on my previous post. Because of that you have to face a landing gear panne + an overloaded aircraft during the emergency landing.

I think it is not managed like this with the real mirage. It would be better to change the condition for allowing jetison with altitude: if radio-altitude > 500 feet then you can jetison your cargo for example. Or if landing panne=true then allow jetison cargo.

What do you think?

I think you forget that dropping something from an aircraft needs to be tested first.

What is the gear position? What if a jettisonned store impacts or, worse, gets stuck in the L/G?

Also it's forbidden to attempt a landing with the main L/G not down & locked.

Only if it's the front wheel that is not down & locked you're allowed to attempt a (precautionnary) landing.

spacer.png

so you are supposed to eject and ruined a 20 million $ aircraft without trying a belly landing? :huh:

Of course before attempting this maneuver, the pilot must be able to drop his cargo (bombs, missiles, tanks) below in order to have a better chance to save his aircraft and eject at the last moment if everything goes wrong. But in the actual version, when the front wheel is blocked, you simply can't drop cargo.

But... it worked so nicely in that one video! ;(

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds