Areas to rearm and refuel

MasterZelgadis

You have no access to repair/refuel features outside the airfields & FARP's - also you have no access via script. A new feature is the 'grass airfields' in the ME (not working yet!).

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Ok maybe more background: In my mission, every aircraft starts with no weapons and a minimum of fuel (between 1 and 7 percent, simulated rest fuel from the last mission). But I want to prevent them from arming in the hangars, arming should only be possible in a designated arming ares. Nellis has Thunder pad and the LOLA/CALA for that, in Senaki I would simply use Ramp 1 for that purpose

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

OK I have a way to make it possible, but infeasible.

First up, you reduce the airbase fuel and weapons to nothing. That's a given.

Second you need to use a FARP with the weapons and fuel you need.

Third you drive to the farp, touch it and rearm and refuel.

Fourth you hope that in 6 years of people trying on the forum someone made a Farp an aircraft can touch and not damage itself and get away from.

I spent till 4am making an invisible FARP last night and I've only grown to understand why they are those ridiculous shapes now.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

From a mission design perspective, tell them in thebriefing that you implemented it and lie. Players won't know and you may just get away with it ;) Typically some sqns do it manually without th eenforcement and simulate a trip to a pan near the apron to have weapons armed closer to the take off point.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

A little unasked for advice... :lol:

Players who are "serious" sim pilots will read your briefing and proceed to the appropriate areas for rearming/refueling...players who aren't interested in those features but might otherwise enjoy your mission may become discouraged or confused by requirements such as these, which are often perceived as onerous by more casual players.

When I come to a point like this in mission design I usually ask myself a couple questions..

Does this feature add something significant to the mission atmosphere?

Does the absence of this feature detract from the mission?

Would I have been able to figure this out if I didn't read anything? (suprising numbers of folks afraid of words out there)

Of course it's your call if you want to accommodate these players, but I feel like you're heading towards a lot of "my plane can't rearm!" posts. ;)

Either way, best of luck and looking forward to checking out your op if you post it publicly!

Well, it's not an essential feature for the mission, but would have been nice to have. In the first phase of the mission, the A-10 can't do much. That would have been a nice timesink for them, while transport helicopters complete the mission phase

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Now I'm -really- interested. ;)

My suggestion would be to add a switched SOUND TO GROUP with a GROUP ALIVE function telling your hogs to proceed to the rearming area, in the event you expect drop-in/drop-out players. Place some cargos, transport trucks, and infantry at the rearming area to make it apparent.

If everyone is expecting to start at once you can simply add the VO with a TIME IS MORE condition. If I heard that, I'd certainly think "cool!" and oblige. :)

if a visible FARP nearby isn't too much of a problem, maybe by removing ammo / fuel from the base and having a trigger zone control the presence of the refuel / rearm vehicles at the FARP would do the trick?

Players in zone => refuel/rearm vehicles present around FARP => refuel / rearm possible

Players not in zone => refuel/rearm vehicles deleted => no refuel / rearm possible

Immersive radio procedures may be tough to be done properly, but ....

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16