Potentiometer cross talk on arduino

I just got done with finals at my college and I was really looking forward to getting some flying in, :megalol:

But the problems. Ohhhh the problems, my headtracker wasn't working, but I fixed that. Now, my damn joystick isn't working.

So I us a sparkfun promicro (not a clone, which makes this more annoying) to manage the axes of my stick and my rudder pedals. The arduino then talks to MMJoy2 in order to talk to the sim. The problem here is that when I push my brake pedal the pedal's axis moves as expected. However the X-axis of the stick also moves... Same story for the other pedal and the y axis. These worked fine last time I flew. Now I don't fancy flying with my feet so I'd like to get to the bottom of this. The stick's axe's power is wired in series (that sentence was ugly as the girl you met at the bar last night when you wake up next to her in the morning.) The petals power is wired in parallel and all of these wires go to the ground and 5 volts of the arduino. I haven't gone probing around with my meter yet, wondering if anyone has a fix for this first.

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure the problem isn't with the binding in DCS, as default the pedals tend to be bound to the stick and throttle.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Make sure the problem isn't with the binding in DCS, as default the pedals tend to be bound to the stick and throttle.

It's not binding issue, I was checking this using DI viewer. WHich is a better version of the stock windows control viewer. However this is helpful I'll do a sanity check on MMJoy to make sure all is as it should be there.

Also the stick doesn't move to its maximum when push the pedal to its maximum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like that you pot connections are wrong, connecting axis in parallel...

Without a scheme, MMJoySetup config, is difficult to tell what can be wrong.

I'll draw one up, but I only connected the power in parallel each pot wiper has its own wire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, here is my diagram. I hope I get better at drawing these in time... I didn't add the wires show the wipers connecting to the ports to keep the complexity down. But all it is is each wiper goes on its own wire to its own port.

And I'd like to reiterate this used to work. I didn't change anything it just broke.

Joystick.png.670b91ee85b7e38d0f8b89793c5a8b19.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UPDATE: Solved, I went over to the arduino forums and it was determine that the pins of my arduino were just dirty. I cleaned it with alcohol and flux remover and that fixed it right up.

The issue was that with poor connectivity, this high resistance, The arduino's circuitry wasn't able to distinguish the signals. Therefore they ran together.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]