Donations?

Pizzasalladland

Even though I have not at all yet seen the final product (Viggen in this case) or what is to come in detail, I do think that Leatherneck earns some sort of gratitude more than just a "you can do it! we believe in you" and to buy the actual module/product.

If it helps to contribute to the excellent work they are doing, have done, and will be doing, i would like to throw moneys at them.

Is there a way, and where and how in that case?

Buying more copies is the best idea. Not only are you sending money, you are showing what you are appreciative of. But don't give them away, make your buddy buy one himself.

I have like six copies of the A-10C from the last year, because I figure that is the best way to show ED that that is what I appreciate and that is where I want them to put their focus.

I have my wingman sorted already! ;)

I didn't know this was a thing, to just buy more keys, sounds like a plan!

Even though my goal here is not to show appriciation of a specific product but rather the company, like: "merry christmas! this is for.... Le-le.... Leatherneck! for all you do no matter what".

When Viggen comes out that is what i will do then, but if the devs have other ideas of possible ways, feel free! :)

I guess you can buy a couple of MiGs and later Viggens and gift them to the community, I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd like to fly it but can't afford it.

Don't really know if this would work, as there were some issues with gifting/transfering the keys.

Before buying more copies for friends, make sure You can give them away. The old method of binding keys to another account has been disabled after all and I don't know if any new gift system is operational now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Buying more copies is the best idea. Not only are you sending money, you are showing what you are appreciative of. But don't give them away, make your buddy buy one himself.

I have like six copies of the A-10C from the last year, because I figure that is the best way to show ED that that is what I appreciate and that is where I want them to put their focus.

Sure having friends buy their own copy if they are interested in the aircraft in question is the best solution.

But i have 2 friends who play DCS but who are not likely to buy the Viggen themselves (Due to lack of Knowledge / interest in the aircraft).

So if i want to show my appreciation and buy multiple keys of the Viggen why not gift them to friends that would otherwise not get the Viggen since that way i get a wingman and am also able to get them to be more interested in the Viggen (since if they have it they are bound to try it and probably like it) instead of those keys just being Unused.

There is no reason to have a key just laying around unused if there is a chance someone else who could or would not buy his own could have a use / find enjoyment from it.

The more people that try and fly an aircraft the better.

Since there are plenty of people that have a module they are uncertain of getting for full price but if they got it they might love it and promote it to others thus they might get others to buy it in turn.

Im not interested in the A-10C enough to buy it myself (i make do with the A-10A and Su-25A untill the AJS 37 comes out) but if a friend wanted me to fly with him and gave it to me i might very well change my mind about it.

So if one wants a friend to have an aircraft and he wont or cant buy it himself why not buy it for him if you can spare the money.

Edited by mattebubben

Sure having friends buy their own copy if they are interested in the aircraft in question is the best solution.

But i have 2 friends who play DCS but who are not likely to buy the Viggen themselves (Due to lack of Knowledge / interest in the aircraft).

So if i want to show my appreciation and buy multiple keys of the Viggen why not gift them to friends that would otherwise not get the Viggen since that way i get a wingman and am also able to get them to be more interested in the Viggen (since if they have it they are bound to try it and probably like it) instead of those keys just being Unused.

There is no reason to have a key just laying around unused if there is a chance someone else who could or would not buy his own could have a use / find enjoyment from it.

The more people that try and fly an aircraft the better.

Since there are plenty of people that have a module they are uncertain of getting for full price but if they got it they might love it and promote it to others thus they might get others to buy it in turn.

Im not interested in the A-10C enough to buy it myself (i make do with the A-10A and Su-25A untill the AJS 37 comes out) but if a friend wanted me to fly with him and gave it to me i might very well change my mind about it.

So if one wants a friend to have an aircraft and he wont or cant buy it himself why not buy it for him if you can spare the money.

It's awfully hypothetical, but of course. If a flight sim enthusiast has to choose between putting food on the table or buy a module and starve then of course it's a nice gesture to hand one out.

Well not everybody can prioritise the game and modules infront of real life all the time.

And especially younger players dont always have the money to spend on a module especially if its one they are not to sure about.

If its a Module one really wants to get one is usually able to afford it (even if it means cutting back on other things) but if its a Module one is a bit interested in but it not 100% sure about one might not buy it if the money might be needed elsewhere.

I personally dont have a problem buying a module if im interested in it but i have friends that need to have an aircraft they are really interested in before they are willing to spend the money.

But its up for everyone to decide what they want to do with their money.

Edited by mattebubben

A raffle is a good way to do that.

Participants register themselves in the thread, and after a week or so the registration closes.

After that, the winner gets selected through a random numbers website, with the drawing done by a neutral party, like a moderator.

Is it still possible to gift an un-used module? I was thinking of giving one to a friend, but am unsure if the module is account bound on purchase or installation. Not looking or willing to engage in any discussion about the merits or otherwise of key transfers as that stuff which has been thoroughly dealt with elsewhere. Just curious as to how it works now.

Cheers

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Well, despite the fact that some modules are not available there just yet, using Steam to gift modules to others works like a charm. I gave some modules to my friends without any issue. :thumbup:

It might be different on ED's own system, but this I don't know.

EDIT:

I realised that my reply was not so helpful, so I decided to go into more detail.

If you select an item from the Steam store, you can decide if you want to purchase it as a gift for somebody or if you want to keep it for yourself. I you want to keep it then, and only then, it will be bound to your account.

If you purchase an item as a gift, you have three different options: sent via email, sent via Steam or keep it in your Steam inventory for later use (meaning 'send the gift later').

You can find more information at the Steam support website.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Arsonist
Provide more (helpful) information

Your reply was very helpful, thank you. I had thought of Steam, the only drawback there is anything that is just released takes some time to get there.

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen