Brightness increase

Los

Hey guys just updated to DCS 1.5.5.59992 Update 2. I have an HTC Vive (Specs below) and there is a marked increase in brightness with the new version, like an extra hazy sunny day. Was just flying on a test server with our usual training mission up, with my friend MilesD who has an Oculus Rift a(We have the exact same PCs) and he also reported the same issue. Its not a show stopper but definately changed form eth last update

Our specs:

Nvidia GEFORCE 980ti w latest update

32 gb RAM

Crucial 500mb SSD

Intel I7 6700k CPU 4.01 ghz

Windows 10 64 bit

HTC-Vive w latest update

Warthog Hotas and Saitek Combat Pedals

OK I did some more research. My Pixel density in DCS is set to 1.5. If I set it to 1.4 and below teh normal darker crisper colors return that were present prior to this patch. It is only when I go above 1.4 (Even if I set the density in options.lua to 1.41 or above) it then becomes brighter and somewhat washed out in the headset.

I tried changing rendertargetmultiplier in the STEAMvr.vrsettings and changing those numbers had no difference in the look of DCS in game, only the in Game options of Pixel density effect this.

In the attachment it is a screenshot unfortunately it take sit from teh desktop but even there you can see the brightness difference. In the Vive Headset it is more brighter, again like a very bright sunny day.

I just wanted to bring this up as this is a change from how things were looking bright about by he latest patch.

On the bright side...no pun intended...thanks for enabling Vr zoom for the vive!

Los

p.s. One other point: This issue does not exist in the DCS world 2 open beta latest build, I can swan about even up to 2.0 pixel density and there no change in colors. Just thought I'd add that as a point of reference. Cheers.

latestDCSbuild.jpg.059c8f749b964cf4580162f58199a41d.jpg

Edited by Los

These are my own tests, as Los wrote above, if you turn Pixel Density over 1.4 in HTC VIVE everything looks toooooooooo bright, and after some minutes my eyes are starting "bleeding" tears, good thing is finally we can change Pixel Density for the VIVE from game options menu, but everything looks very bright and it's too much blurry, expecially in the distance while this doesn't happen if i manually set Pixel density to 2.5 in the Steamvr config file by setting "renderTargetMultiplier": 2.5 as i usually did before(now the Vive supports asynchronous reprojection which is what oculus calls ATW).

I set ingame options pixel density to 1.0 and "renderTargetMultiplier": 2.5 in the Steamvr config file, but the overall image quality is not as good as before when the only one option for the Vive to set the pixel density were strictly related to the Steamvr config file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Wear sunglasses, like the real pilots!

• Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...