refueling-MW50 bug

9.JG27 DavidRed

Probably could've done without the snide remark at the end...lol seriously though, I haven't noticed this so I'm off to test. If it is messed up, you can just respawn, so it's not the end of the world

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

That and DCS likes to credit anyone who flings a .50 your way with a kill if you select a new airplane.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Probably could've done without the snide remark at the end...lol seriously though, I haven't noticed this so I'm off to test. If it is messed up, you can just respawn, so it's not the end of the world

I agree on the first part, but not the second, if its not working right we need to report. Let me know what you testing results are, if this is confirmed I will report it.

SigDCSNew.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I've noticed this issue for almost a year but never reported it. When you refuel, the MW50 does not get refilled. Eventually it will run out no matter how many ties you repair/refuel. Even though you can get a new plane, some players like to fly in the same plane as long as possible and it should be fixed.

• Like 1

Yes it's been this way for a while unfortunately.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 3 weeks later...

+1

9./JG27

• 4 years later...

@NineLine Just throwing this in here, because it's most likely related and the closest that the search brought up fitting my issue. Just had a go with the K-4 after a long while not flying WWII in DCS and immediately noticed something weird.

I have my planes set up with 20% fuel load and usually refuel during the cold and dark startup. When I let the ground crew refuel the K-4, it does so, and it's audible as in any other plane. Then the refuel sound stops and re-starts again after a second or so - and will never stop as long as the wheels are on ground (I've stopped the track without taxiing because I couldn't have the crew crank my flywheel as it was still stuck refueling dev/null) and it will start again on landing even after a flight.

My "guesstimate" conclusion is that it is the MW-50 tank causing the issue because I ran out of MW-50 in the subsequent flight (started the engine before letting them refuel), noticable by engine tremor happening at close to 1.8ata with MW-50 on after a few minutes (=overboosting since there's no MW-50 flowing anymore), which could be because of the initial 20% fuel load which probably is also applied to the MW-50 tank. And the second refuel process that starts immediately after the first probably is for the MW-50 tank as well, but it doesn't refuel it, it never gets full and therefor the refueling process never ends.

109K-4 refuel issue track

Hope that will help squashing that bug finally fsgrin.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This bug also shows up when you simply de-fuel from 100% to 0%. Then you hear and see the fuel indicator drop, after 1-2s you hear a short 2nd defuel sound. But when you refuel again, you hear and see the fuel pumped into the tank till it is full. The 2nd refuel sound for MW50 doesn't stop.

k4_endless mw50refuel.trk

• Thanks 1

Eagle Dynamics, ceterum censeo: dare nobis ME CCLXII!

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 64GB RAM 3600Mhz, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, HP Reverb (G1)

• 3 weeks later...