Are the Towers Responding ?

I haven't heard a peep from ANY Towers in either DCS 1.2 or 2 for quite a while now.

What's up with that ?

Furthermore, once in the air for a short period of time, I can't even get the Comm's Menu to come up (with either my Comm's button OR the "" keyboard button).

What's up with that ?

I haven't been able to find a Thread or Post relating to either of these 2 issues. But then I don't have allot of success searching the forums.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I haven't heard anything either for quite a while now. When I used to call 'inbound' I would get a heading and distance to fly, once I arrived at the directed airspace I would hear the tower give me a course that would put me on final. All I hear now is just the initial heading and distance to fly.

You are both doing better than me. I haven't heard a single tower command, runway clearance or startup clearance in a long time.

And yes, I'm well aware I have to be on the correct channel .. which is pretty hard to not have considering the way the F-5E's radio is automatically tuned. You only have to turn it on.

That said, I have in fact tried other frequencies and gotten NOTHING. Not a peep.

As far as getting Landing Clearance or Directions etc, I can't even pull the Comms Menu up once I'm in flight. As mentioned in my 1st post, once I'm in the air, neither my Hotas Comms button nor the Keyboard Command Key brings it up.

So there IS something going on and it's apparently not just my computer (which works flawlessly with everything but DCS).

SnowTiger:joystick:

I had the same issue with the comms menu not showing up in 1.5 and 2.0 too.

Iirc it's a known bug related to the new (comms menu items) clickable feature (?).

It's still surprising when you need some input from the AWACS.

I think I've read someone found a temporary fix by doing something with the views and menus but I can't remember what. Maybe a quick search in the forums will help.

At least I can confirm the issue with the comms menu occurs in single player and multiplayer.

[EDIT: This only occurred with the L-39. The menu showed up correctly with the Su-27. I didn't test the other aircraft.]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///