Pissing me off ......!!!!!!!!!!

A.S

Ah yes, I remember back when lockon was first released 1.0 a guy fellblade?

Rewrote some of these shaders on his own to make shaders more optimized.

He did this in a matter of weeks/months on his own for ps1.1. He never got

around to making the ps1.3 version or possibly 2.0 version due to his work

taking all of his spare time.

The way i see it if 1 guy can do this in a matter of weeks/months why can't a software developer do so?

God knows i know nothing about any of shader tech or anything of the sort

but ffs how hard is it to rewrite shaders for someone who knows how?

Least this might help with smoke effects/clouds/overcast. As for the engine

itself rendering everything on the map at once that should have been fixed

long ago IMHO. Why then does the engine make everything fade in if its

already being rendered? Anyone in the know please comment I cant even fly

the default su25T missions on my rig with smooth gameplay on 75% of them

with scenes on medium/high settings. I would be willing to pay $50 for a

patch with no additional flyables but an optimized game. As would most of us

I think?

Ah yes, I remember back when lockon was first released 1.0 a guy fellblade?

Rewrote some of these shaders on his own to make shaders more optimized.

He did this in a matter of weeks/months on his own for ps1.1. He never got

around to making the ps1.3 version or possibly 2.0 version due to his work

taking all of his spare time.

The way i see it if 1 guy can do this in a matter of weeks/months why can't a software developer do so? . . .

I would be willing to pay $50 for a

patch with no additional flyables but an optimized game. As would most of us

I think?

Good idea!! Anyone know how to contact this Fellblade guy? Here's what we do: get 1000 of us to donate $50 each to him to rewrite the shaders to 2.0 standards. That's $50,000 . . . think he would do it for that much? This, my friends, is capitalism at it's finest!!

This would be a HUGE benefit to the whole Lock-on community . . .

$50 is a whole lot less than all these ridiculous system upgrades that aren't netting us much performance increase . .

Guest IguanaKing

$50 is a whole lot less than all these ridiculous system upgrades that aren't netting us much performance increase . .

That's the problem...these system upgrades are giving us HUGE gains in performance with other programs. COD2, between my old P4 3.4GHz system and my new X6800 system, the difference is night and day, with my being able to turn everything up and on with liquid-smooth FPS...as opposed to the slide-show my old rig experienced. Granted, in LOMAC, I can turn more things to higher levels, but its still not even CLOSE to being smooth 100% of the time. Every GD explosion drops FPS in the toilet, and causes a short pause in the game. Every other function on my computer is noticeably faster, especially MP4 encoding, so my system upgrades are not wasted. But...not in LOMAC...and apparently BS is using the same engine. I guess I'll wait for the day when engine optimization becomes a priority before I spend any more money with ED. Since I am primarily a hog driver, I am very skeptical about performance in a game which will apparently have no engine optimizations, yet it'll have more detail added to ground objects. What if I don't want to fly a friggin' helicopter? If I fly anything faster than a Ka-50, it sounds to me like I can count on an even bigger slide show than what we have now. Now...if any tester would like to disagree...I ask that they post their system specs, graphics settings, and FRAPS log from BS...while flying something faster than a Ka-50.

pisssing me off

I have to agree. Ubisoft sucked us in but Ed new the bad news but took over the flight sim. Please correct me if I am wrong but there was only 2? patches to original. I believe F4AF is just about to release 1.08 and will do some small tweaks as they work towards their new project. I think ED bailed to soon on original Imho before going on to FC and now BS. I would hate to think they took over leaveing the original consumers out on a limb because it was someone else that screwed up the original. If you decide as a company to pick up software and continue with it you should provide reasonable fixes before developing new addons. Just my own thoughts. I still fly 1.02 use the FPS tweaks out there cause I see no point in making more problems for my computer. It's midrange with a very good ATI card. X1900xtx. Our computers of today are far beyond what was invisioned when Lockon came out, with it's foolish systems recommendations. We are well above that and it should work as advertised on present systems. Love game but feel let down. Cheers.

Guest IguanaKing

Nope...wrong. I have implemented the explosion FPS tweaks and they made very little improvement. They made some, but not enough.

So, does this mean BS will incorporate further-improved versions of these 3rd -party tweaks? I'm thinking that the answer is "No.". Besides, I have THE best CPU and memory config available to date...why should I have to tweak anything in a game that's 3 years old and won't be receiving any optimizations in the near future? Why should I buy its next incarnation, when those on the inside have already told us the engine will not be changed, and that it won't support dual-core CPUs? Don't get me wrong, LOMAC is the best thing out there right now in modern combat flight sims...but the LOMAC series, unfortunately, is in competition with itself. If BS doesn't improve on the engine, then I see very little point in buying it.

true true guys....excatly what is the plan here.....

we are a sim-family in lockon and we have the right to raise our voices if we get same s.... in different colors.

hey, at the end we bought it right?, we fly it right?, we built up the community alltoghether ED is living from right? we are all the guys who are supposed to be the same in future RIGHT?

NOW it is time for them to listen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey, at the end we bought it right?, we fly it right?, we built up the community alltoghether ED is living from right? we are all the guys who are supposed to be the same in future RIGHT?

Yes, we bought (past tense emphasized) it. They've got our money. They WON'T optimize this sim, not for BS, not for a patch afterwards. People will still buy BS, even if they don't care for the Ka-50--if only just to stay compatable on the HL servers. ED knows this, and will take advantage of it. It's one less thing to get in their way of getting this god-forsaken helo out to the CIS public.

So everyone you can either just tolerate the sim in it's current state, stop flying it, buy the expansion anyway, or wait until a competitor puts something else on the market that will replace Lock-on. Those are the only real options.

If you gave yourself the time, and read the config files, you would have found a way to make explosions have a lower FPS impact.

I made a tweak , that you can download at Lockonfiles - it can improve your average FPS.

Lock On places a heavy load on the CPU - that is the reason for lower FPS, but if you have over 1GB RAM you will see better Frame rates.

I never had any problems with FPS - never ever, as I always tailored my system to what it could do, not more.

The best thing to do is to tweak LO until you get the results you want, LO comes with a vanilla config made to make it stable, not fast - no matter how good your rig, if you run LO with its original config you will get mediocre results.

The load on the cpu is from poor optimization and poorly written pixel shaders fellblade said the shaders are doing much harder math than need be. Combine this with the everything on the map rendered at once and there goes your fps. If people with conroe rigs are getting dips into teens why waiste more money on another cpu when it only net me 5fps more in the low points of the scale?

And btw i have 2gigs of ram did not see any diff in fps from 512to2gig just less frequent pausing on pagefile load. Ram does not increase fps in any game far as i know.

Guest IguanaKing

If they are betting on Hyperlobby compatibility being their saving grace, then they'd better not go to Black Hawk...otherwise they'll end up having to bum a ride to Denver after losing their car in a poker game. I think what MOST people want to see is improvements to the engine which take into account the existing processor technology of at least the last year. A helicopter? Sure...its a nice thought, but some of us couldn't care less about the friggin' helicopter. I want to see a sim that will actually run on today's systems. There is no need for graphics improvements, just make the existing ones efficient enough to run well on current systems...which it STILL doesn't do in all situations, even on the best system the average guys can buy. BTW...I STILL don't spend much time on HL because of the lack of ability to plan your own missions. Sorry, but I can't get too excited about a briefing that says "Fly to Waypoint 2". Yeah, I have my threats listed for me, but where are they (even if its last-known position that I plug into the INS, I can live with that), and why am I killing them?

I am very sure unless the game code is not optimised we'll never see this sim run on good frame rates simply because the CPU's are no longer getting faster (per 1 core) but they have more processing power because they now have number of cores increased. Unless game code utilised this we can say bye bye to having lock-on ever run with even 30 fps minimum.

15000+ objects (and yog get this figure and above easily flying over a city.. with 1 aircraft mind you ;)) makes my rig run in lower 10's and to have it run 3x as fas I'd need a single core be 3 times as effective as my current E6600 and that ain't happening till at least another 4-6 years and by that time there will be new sims with new graphics engines etc, who'd wanna play lock-on then?

Graphics are already over what they need be, but the CPU? way off... I can imagine how the rottor blades of Ka-50, each having sepparate physics, then more details ground units, then all aircraft incuding AI getting AFM... how is all of this gona affect frame rate??!

No longer active in DCS...

My last words to this nicely replied post:

At the end of the day LockOn is great cuz it gives us a nice plattform to work out combat geometrics and tactics to an art.

But i had to say these words also in the hope they will reach the target !:book: :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have many time posted critics to FC. Don´t missunderstand me: im with this sim since flanker 2.0, lock on gave me some desilution actually.

Let´s say the true, and only the ones that used flanker 2.x can´t answer back: what has lock on that is not present on flanker? In general words I can only see nice graphics, nothing more than that. Gosh!!! we still have some bugs from that era like the refuelling bag... What new thing do we have? AFM on the su25t, but recently on the 1.12.

Some comments about postings here:

1.- IF ED makes patches will broke??? well, sorry, but as a software developer that Im, it is my duty to deliver a product working with the features I promised to my client, so what the h... do you try to say defending ED about not releasing patches? ED pathces have fixed NOTHING, they released patches fixing minor things, things that concerned almost anybody. All of us here have posted bugs, important bugs, before and after patches releses, did they heared us and fix THAT bugs? no, they fixed what they had the time to... And to say more, excuse me but a lot of other games, realeses 2 or 3 patches at least dureing their life, how many has released ED? 1.01 wich actually brought more bugs, 1.02 wich fixed barely some bugs and brought new ones... and then... they sold us 1.1, with OLD bugs still on it, reported bugs, and new ones, have they fixed them? noooo

2.- ED has no support from drivers developers: well, can you imagine what kind of relation can have ED with other companies takeing into consideration the relation that it has with us the customers? Have you ever tried to cotact tech support? For sure no driver develping company will give them any atention, knowing them.

3.- Code improivement: I don´t know what kind of programmers ED has, but, they need to hire people with higher IQ. Please, is more than obvious that if a player can´t see an object, why in the bloody h.... would you need to render it????? Lock on doesn´t need much CPU power... ED programmers need CPU power to do their poor programming. Do you think this simulation has lot of calculations? so what can you tell me about simulating something more complicated like space traves? take a look at ORBITER, a sim that has far more compelx calculations, and see how much CPU needs

4.- Support BS: In my particular situation, I don´t think I will buy BS, im not interested in a product were ED has clearly informed that no bugs from previous version will be fixed. So, we will pay for a heli... very nice, a heli that will have bugs everywhere (acording to our experience with lock on we can be sure of that) and fighters that will have the same bugs as before, probably new ones! So, I want to pay for that? for sure no. And in my opinion, all of us should raise our voice and not buy it, it is the only way to show how things are to ED: we are the customers, it is US who demmand things, and I don´t know where did they got the idea to launh a heli sim. Someone once told here that the russian people, but in the russian forums you can´t find anybody asking for it, russian customers are un happy the same like us.

Guest IguanaKing
I am very sure unless the game code is not optimised we'll never see this sim run on good frame rates simply because the CPU's are no longer getting faster (per 1 core) but they have more processing power because they now have number of cores increased. Unless game code utilised this we can say bye bye to having lock-on ever run with even 30 fps minimum.

Not quite true, but I understand what you're saying. :smilewink: The Conroe takes much the same approach as the AMD processors did to make them famous in the gaming world. More s**t happens now on a single clock pulse...and Conroe has beaten even the FX62 in all benchmarks, except for memory bandwidth. Have you Sandra'd your new system as compared to your old system? I have, and even running at stock clock, almost 500MHz behind my old P4, my Sandra CPU score was almost 3 times as high. I guess that explains why I'm able to turn more stuff on without an FPS hit. But it doesn't explain why I still get nailed by explosions and ground object density. I'm reasonably happy with FC, but yeah...until they make significant improvements to the engine...EDs sims are out of the running for me.

But it doesn't explain why I still get nailed by explosions and ground object density....

Yep, you can be cruising along at 35fps through tree topped mountains with your CPU calculating things like AFM, turbulance, temperature, avionics and A.I.......but woe betide you try and shoot at something, or release a flare, or in anyway cause an explosion. Stuttertastic. Since day one.

Yep, you can be cruising along at 35fps through tree topped mountains with your CPU calculating things like AFM, turbulance, temperature, avionics and A.I.......but woe betide you try and shoot at something, or release a flare, or in anyway cause an explosion. Stuttertastic. Since day one.

LMAO!!!

Ardillita your post is just insulting. And not just ED team and programmers in particular.

ED pathces have fixed NOTHING, they released patches fixing minor things, things that concerned almost anybody

Patch 1.11 bugs corrected and features list

Patch 112a bugs corrected and features list

2.- ED has no support from drivers developers: well, can you imagine what kind of relation can have ED with other companies takeing into consideration the relation that it has with us the customers?

Is that an argument? cause its logic is not quite obvious.

Please, is more than obvious that if a player can´t see an object, why in the bloody h.... would you need to render it?????

I supose the fact that the game uses a whole bunch of cliping technics and LODs and MIP maping means nothing to you.

So, we will pay for a heli... very nice, a heli that will have bugs everywhere (acording to our experience with lock on we can be sure of that) and fighters that will have the same bugs as before, probably new ones!

I hope you are not a Judge in real life.

As far as I know Lock On would have been stoped at 1.02 if ED wouldn't had get support from other "publisher" to build Su-25T and Ka-50. I don't know exactly how much a patch cost and how much ED earned from selling FC so I will not bother to make some bogus math.

Also, people are saying that the shaders are unoptimized, highly probable but maybe they cannot be optimized by just claping hands... maybe ED can't do it better with their resources. Plain and simple. And I don't expect them to come here and tell... "You know... we can't do it."

So... I don't know how to optimize shaders but, if one guy from here knows, it would be nice to contact ED via email and offer his help. He could ask for a fee I suppose.

You may ask why I keep saying about people should be offering help... well it is obvious for me that geting involved helps a lot more than bitching.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Posted by Zaelu "So... I don't know how to optimize shaders but, if one guy from here knows, it would be nice to contact ED via email and offer his help. He could ask for a fee I suppose."

Well, is not an insult to anybody, it is clearly writen in a complete diferent context than your reply is, and actually, your reply can perfectly be confused with an ED´s reply. Read my post againg very slowly, amy be is too complex for you to understand it if you don´t.

Offering ED help? where have you been all this time, there are lot, but really lot of people, right here in the forum who has offered some kind of help to ED, from 3d models, to fps optimisations, etc, free all of them (I guess jajaja) and you want somebody here to offer his help and also request a fee? jajajajajajajajajajajaj

At least your reply made my laugh jajajajajajajajajajajaja, thank you