How to make helios work?

Hi guys,

I have attached a second monitor. then installed latest helios and some profiles.

After some tries , i am unable to work it properly. watched some tutorial videos and topics but no joy. i have loaded a profile and saw the gauges and mfd etc at the right screen. but none of them worked. then i downloaded some lua files and copied them to saved games scrpit folder but no joy.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I would recommend these threads to start with. Some of the images are missing, but the info is mostly still correct.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89282

The first thing to do before getting into Helios, is to get your monitor resolution and layout figured out and working. You don't really say if you've done that. After you have your MonitorSetup lua file created for your layout, only then would I proceed to setting up Helios.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

i know almost nothing about lua files. but on youtube, tutorial videos don't mention lua. they seem to load profiles and fly.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

You do have to edit or create a lua file in your MonitorSetup folder that defines the layout of your monitors so the game knows what setup you have.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

this is what i see

is there a ready to use profile since i don't know almost nothing lua's

Youtube

Even If i don't correct monitor files, aren't switches and buttons suppose to work ?

Nothing is working right now.

Youtube

Ok....

You need to do a couple of things before Helios start to work.

Of course you need to install helios and then the profile you want.

But now, you need to prepare dcs to send values to helios. For that you need to replace your export.lua with a correct one. One that send values to helios acording to the aircraft you fly.

Take a look on my web site. There you got the export.lua you need.

With that,helios start to receive data from dcs, and you can click on buttons too.

Another thing you need to do is prepare the game to send the viewports to the second monitor (mfds,rwr. Etc).

For that you need to use a serie of .luas you can find in the profile package. And adapt the monitor config to the size and positions of your monitor. Is not a dificult thing to do, just read the instructions you can find in my web in any of the profiles there.

Hope that help.

• Like 1

capt zeen, thanks for the help. i downloaded latest export.lua from your site. then replaced original export.lua file in the userfiles/saved games/dcs/scripts but still same. i am triying to use loz sm 2.1 profile. is it a modem port problem or something else?

Edited by ebabil

Youtube

now i insalled your uh-1 profile. some switches working but none of the gauges are working.

Edited by ebabil

Youtube

it worked captain thanks. only armament switches don't work.

i also installed your f-15c mod. but mfs's aren't shown in the helios screen. i also copied and activated monitor lua file you supplied.

Youtube

hey guys,

now i am working on los 2.1 a-10c profile. i just put init.lua files to related folders.

everything is working except mfd and clocks etc.

i have 2 monitors side by side set

main monitor 1920 * 1080 and helios monitor 1440 * 900

now is the only thing i should set is a new monitor lua file?

can you help on this?

Youtube

now i am figuring out slowly the process.

but what the hell is wrong with these digital clock and chaff flare screens, why are they there?

Youtube

ok i solved this.

Youtube

• 4 weeks later...