Radio Question

Raptorx7

I'm on mission 2 and I don't know what radio channel to switch to to talk to the other flights when I rejoin.

I have them written down (Ch1, Ch3 guard ETC) but it never tells me what channel or frequency to tune to to be able to hear the other flights. I also can't talk to my wingman when I tell him to rejoin I get no feeback. The last message I hear in-game is to rejoin at waypoint 2 from the colt IP, but once I am there I don't hear anything.

Would appreciate some help with this thanks!

Edited by Raptorx7

Hey,

Colt is on Red Channel 1 (the same on which you are with your wingman) - so don't touch it, leave it as it is.

Make sure that you align your INS properly before take off using your current position, that is important as if you don't, the drift will be quite big and you will end up in a wrong place and not close to Colt.

Once you get to WP2 (and you are within 1.5 km radius from it) you will get a pop-up message telling you to contact Colt using F10. If you are on Red Radio 1 (250.000) you should be OK.

Let me know if that solves your problem!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey,

Colt is on Red Channel 1 (the same on which you are with your wingman) - so don't touch it, leave it as it is.

Make sure that you align your INS properly before take off using your current position, that is important as if you don't, the drift will be quite big and you will end up in a wrong place and not close to Colt.

Once you get to WP2 (and you are within 1.5 km radius from it) you will get a pop-up message telling you to contact Colt using F10. If you are on Red Radio 1 (250.000) you should be OK.

Let me know if that solves your problem!

Yeah, that worked it looks like i had input INS data wrong. It was a nightmare trying to visually acquire them, but that isn't you're fault.

Is there ever a time where I need to adjust the main radios frequency, and I still wasn't able to communicate with my wingman?

Thanks!

Edited by Raptorx7

I'm on mission 4 but I still havn't been able to talk to my wingman when I need to tell him to jettison his tanks. Red radio is on channel 1 like it says in the briefing, what am I missing here? Edit: Ok 2 is carrying out the order but he doesn't talk back and tell me hes carrying out the order.

Edited by Raptorx7

While we're here, I think I'm broken. Campaign is great, but I'm having radio trouble.

Mission 6 with regards to the radio, and really somewhat consistently throughout the campaign I have found I have had to manually tune to the frequencies to hear the chatter.

Spoilered so I don't ruin it for anyone, not that its ground breaking but, I don't wanna be that guy;

Most notably, mission 6 after getting to the New Waypoint and heading north of the town to go and bomb the Mortar Squad -

I fly over there, flight lead tells me to turn to 130.00 on Green manually as it's not saved, and switch to M on the Green Radio so I can hear it. Problem is, I don't. I get a long silence followed by Two confirming, and then I'm basically cleared in Hot.

Now I'm 99% sure I'm being stupid here. I have Radio Assists and Easy Communication turned off. I have Green Radio set t0 the appropriate frequency either manually or by the preset knob, but I feel I'm missing a lot of comms because either I'm broken (99% likely) or something is awry.

I'm absolutely sure it's just me, I just can't figure out why I don't get the right channel.

Frustratingly, I'm supposed to be a working pilot in the real world, which makes it all the more embarrassing!! :pilotfly:

Otherwise, loving the Campaign I feel more a part of the M2000 each time and the scenarios have caused me to have to learn more and more about the aircraft. Really great plane, love it.

uvadcGV.jpg

vaPVuV9.jpg

Added the second image, if you look at the top the chatter cuts off, and I noticed that it cut off audiably too. Maybe I faffed about with the radio or something around then, I forget, but just as I was looking through images I noticed that.

Again, beautiful work, great campaign, and I obviously need to keep learning - but am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks again!

Hi Baltic_Dragon,

I'm trying mission 1. Easy peasy.

When coming back to land, the IP instructs me to switch to Chan 1.

As per briefing, TWR should be Chan 2 and GND be Chan 1.

(it works with F10 & Chan 1, it's just not logical vs briefing)

Perhaps, that it is the only way to have the F10 work. I had to give Channel 1 different name (so I named it Ground, I know that Ground is used only after landing) - but if we used Ch2, then the AI would start shouting on the radio. Which I wanted to avoid. So I think I will leave it as it is... unless I change the name to Ground / Approach.

@IzoAzlion:

In fact, you don't have to manually change the frequency, you just have to use the correct presets and you should be good.

Having said that, M06 is one of the two missions which requires you to use manual radio setting as compared to preset ones.

So when you are asked to plug it in, tune to the correct frequency and change the left selector knob from P to M (so from Preset to Manual) setting. Then use F10 to inform your flight lead that you have done so and that you are ready to proceed.

Hope this helps!

Edited by baltic_dragon

I am having the issue in mission 7 where I don't get the radio calls from the wingman, I only hear my side of the conversation. Now I might be missing something, but I think I configured the radios correctly (both radios turned on, green channel 1 on the ground, ch3 after takeoff).

attachment.php?attachmentid=153595&stc=1&d=1481984121

Also I'm hearing his standard calls (like 'two, rolling' or 'wheels up') so I should be on the correct frequency. Only the custom ones are missing.

Any suggestions?

Screen_161217_144037.thumb.jpg.820e7a137bc4ec2d575ef6d705fffa0d.jpg

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hey guys, I have double checked and this is another bug introduced with the last update (most likely) that will affect around half of campaign missions. The radio transmissions set as triggered actions within the same flight won't work anymore. I have sent this with some samples to the Mods and hope this will get reported soon.

Will this affect the radio communications of colt 1 too? I just started mission 6 and I don't hear his radio calls during startup. I reply with 'Hearing lima Charlie,.....1 out of 5....that's better' etc but I don't hear colt anymore.

Played this mission before updating to the latest patch and it was all fine.

Edited by Falcaw

I am having the issue in mission 7 where I don't get the radio calls from the wingman, I only hear my side of the conversation. Now I might be missing something, but I think I configured the radios correctly (both radios turned on, green channel 1 on the ground, ch3 after takeoff).

Fixed in today's update. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds