Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

That's where I installed it.

Then you have a duplicate Twitch folder inside the main directory cause DCS shouldn't be looking for a manifest file. If you'd like me to troubleshoot for you, PM me your Discord name or something.

ASUS X79 Deluxe : Intel i7 4930k : 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 : EVGA GTX1080 FTW

TM HOTAS Warthog : TM Pendulum Rudders : TM Cougar MFD's : Oculus Rift CV1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you have a duplicate Twitch folder inside the main directory cause DCS shouldn't be looking for a manifest file. If you'd like me to troubleshoot for you, PM me your Discord name or something.

You're absolutely right :thumbup: I had an old install in the base game directory from 2018, didn't even remember trying it back then! thanks for the assist, works like a charm.

I've recently installed Twitch2DCS and I am now getting

"[string "C:\Users\Jim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable" every time I start DCS.

Any ideas?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 32 Gb RAM @3Ghz | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Any ideas?

Did you JUST install it or was it working and now it isn't? The error is not able to connect to Twitch. Try generating a new oauth code and restart DCS after changing it in options. If that doesn't work try disabling your firewall.

ASUS X79 Deluxe : Intel i7 4930k : 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 : EVGA GTX1080 FTW

TM HOTAS Warthog : TM Pendulum Rudders : TM Cougar MFD's : Oculus Rift CV1

Looks like you didnt install it right. Did you download the git repo, or did you download an actual release from here? https://github.com/jeffboulanger/twitch2dcs/releases

The release has the proper folder structure for installing it, not the repo.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

• 4 weeks later...
I've recently installed Twitch2DCS and I am now getting

"[string "C:\Users\Jim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable" every time I start DCS.

Any ideas?

You have to include the "oauth" in the beginning of the authentication token. I had the same error and only when including the oauth: at the front in DCS options, it worked.

Edited by Kunz
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe im missing something, but the install instructions state to open the Twitch2DCS.LUA in your CONFIG folder- However the latest install file structure does not include a CONFIG folder and only installs a Twitch2DCS.LUA in the SCRIPTS folder.

Maybe you meant "CREATE" a Twitch2DCS.LUA with the text you posted- However that would be strange since you could have just included that in the file folder to begin with. The Sample LUA you posted also is wildly different from the one in SCRIPTS.... so the instructions leave me at a bit of a loss as to what the intended way to install this is.

Can anyone help?

Installation

Extract the contents of release to your Saved Games DCS folder

(C:\Users\ username \Saved Games\DCS)

Start DCS and go to Options -> Special -> Twitch2DCS and input your username and Twitch oauth key from TwitchApps.com make sure you include the "oauth:" text. (You may need to restart DCS after this)

Enjoy communicating with Twitch from ingame.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...