[RESOLVED]Stutter issue

cro_mig_21

Since todays last DCS 1.5.5 update I experience a lot of stutter that makes flying practically impossible. Few days ago, prior to todays update I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver 376.09 and DCS ran smoothly even with the MiG on that driver..all was fine (but before that I also got stutters). After todays update, as I said stuttering has returned. I already tried deleting options.lua from saved games folder and that did not work. Then I completely reinstalled DCS and the GPU driver using DDU, tried it again with no success. This started to happen quite a lot with last updates and that is a real mystery to me how something that used to work fine repeatedly has such issues. Here is a track file if it could be of any help.

MiG-21_stutter.trk

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

• ED Team

Try renaming your dcs folder in saved games, keep it as a backup it has your mission and inputs

restart dcs it will create a new one, retest the mig, let me know if it makes a difference.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

ignore me, I see you have tried it

i will take a look at the track give me a moment

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I am seeing 45+ fps but no stutter when I replay the track.

are you seeing the same with other aircraft or just the mig?

• ED Team

It is strange, wonder if anyone else is seeing the same.

our systems are similar RAM being the biggest difference. But like you have said it was ok before.

Yes, I have the same problem with the MiG-21. Stutter, regardless of framerate (2.0.4). I can confirm it only happens with the 21. All other modules are fine.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you sure what you're seeing is stuttering? I tried out Mig after seeing this thread and at first thought I was having stuttering too. After switching to HUD only view and looking out side window full zoom so I didn't see any part of plane I didn't noticed it at all. It seems to be more like an excessive vibration of cockpit. Very noticeable if you look backwards over shoulder at seat.

I have had stuttering (DCS1.5x) also but with the Huey model. Not so much in alpha 2.04 with Huey but still sometimes get a situation where the screen freezes for a second or 3 or 4 most times it picks up from where it froze, some times are more interesting the model has continued on it trajectory sometimes with embarrassing results. :music_whistling:

To be fair it happens irregularly mostly when I'm turning and going back the way I was coming from so the whole DCS world need to change prospective.

DCS 1.5 is on the spinning disc drive

DCS 2.04 is on the SSD

Maybe caching??

i7 5930K 6/12 core 3.5 to 4.2GHz

32GB RAM

Nvidia 980ti

Intem 750series 400GB SSD

2TB WD HDD

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

well thats strange...only with the mig. I am aware its a somewhat "heavier" than other modules due to 8k textures. Fps counter drops to max 55 when I am low and above really populated areas but it stays at solid 60 all the time.

I can't reproduce this here unfortunately.

Keep in mind, the MiG-21 is not really much heavier than other modules due to 8k textures. Yes-- it uses 8k textures in the exterior-- but almost the entire aircraft is contained in a pair of these, thus VRAM usage is mostly the same.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It's a strange situation and I can't pinpoint when the stuttering started. But it's consistent, I will record a video showing the frame rate counter spiking heavily. I have a gtx1070, so not sure what is causing it. Maybe it's more noticeable because I have a gsync monitor, but the stuttering is not happpeninf with any other module.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, found the culprit and the culprit is me :D. After deleting options.lua and setting up new options I left accidentally the preload radius to max. That never worked for me so I set it up to how I always use it and all is fine again. Sorry for the inconvenience and me posting about the issue without double checking everything first (that option slipped by me). Thank you guys for the will to help and cheers!

• 6 months later...

I have a huge stuttering issue in 2.1 and it was the same in 2.0. In 1.5 is less than in 2.1 but still noticeable, despite other modules which are working pretty smooth. Preload radius is like 6k and cockpit shake is 0. I tried to reinstal module, (without deactivating) but no luck. Any suggestions for the fix?

Specs: dual xeon e5-2690 3.3-3.8/ 32 gb ddr3 @ 1600/ GTX 1080/ ssd

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems a few of us have a ongoing stutter issue.

I opened a bug report many months ago on the official tracker as it got so bad.LLC did make some suggestions for me to try which did not work and it was decided it was related to my track IR.

My other modules run fine.

I have slightly less but constant stutter in 2.5 with still no resolve and a open bug report. Currently no further reply from LLC

I am hoping it will be fixed when they do the big overhaul as it is such a brilliant module and is a shame I have to limit my flying time in it.

Edited by MrPiper

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

• 2 months later...
Hello guys

In fact the stutter in Mig-21 is still horrible compared to other modules. This topic is [RESOLVED] but the issue is not. I think this one should be reopened and adressed

+1

unfortunately, Mig-21 is the fallen king on that way.

Keeping it in hangar, maybe one day........:music_whistling:

• ED Team
This topic is [RESOLVED] but the issue is not. I think this one should be reopened and adressed

It is resolved for the original poster so was marked resolved.

Stutter is different for many users, I dont see any some see stutters, this can be due to many reason, settings, hardware, OS and so on.

It is probably best to make your own thread and give us all as much info as possible.

dcs.log

dxdiag and so on.

I will close this thread so there is no miss understanding.