Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

Mission 4 - on the radios I can hear myself talking but not the flight we're supposed to join on WP3? Any ideas? I've tuned to channel 3 on both red and green.

Edit again - just played again and it works fine - I had to be on Green 3 and Red 1. I was confused by the "training" tag that the Red channel 3 had in the briefing.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Baltic 

I'm experiencing a problem with mission 8. Packages keep on orbiting over SP2 and they don't proceed! I'm on the right frequency! I've checked on YouTube and i saw what should happen, but it's not happening in my case! Don't know if been mentioned before! 

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In mission 13 - Last Strike ... I am stuck with the Jtac not answering ... I am on ch3 on green.  get the initial auto call out at wp3 and short dialog but when it comes to using the \ menu and contact them to check-in 15 I get no answer back ever.  They call me in 'visual' once I am on them but never when I try to contact them on radio.

Me wrong or bug? 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm trying to do the mission 7 from the M2000C Campaign but the triggers don't always work.

Sometime it works, sometime not.

The farther I went is the waypoint 4 but then nothing happened.

I tried several times but each time one of the triggers doesn't work.

11 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey. This is weird - normally the triggers should always work or not work 🙂 on the other hand this is DCS so... I'd need some more info which triggers are problematic. Thanks!

I think it maybe comes from the INS alignment of the M2000C.

I don't know why but since the last update my alignment is really fast (less than a minute).

I noticed that my WP2 that should be the bullseye is not on the bullseye shown on the F10 map.

When I go to the bullseye on the map the trigger starts but if I follow my INS it doesn't because it's not in the same place.

I think my INS alignment doesn't work but I don't know why, it worked perfectly before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello !

I'm a newbie on DCS (15hrs of flight su25T-su27-M2000C) and I really like the M2000C.
So I've tried to do the campain.
I've follow a tips from EFPV (french player) about the first mission : change the date (February instead of January) so the magnetic north is correct.

Same thing for the second mission. Etc.

But one point is annoying and I don't know if you fixed it already or gave a workaround, it seems that the Red Radio isn't working at all...

I've made it to 3rd mission by switching Green one to talk to leader etc.

Today I've installed DCS SimpleRadio for further multiplayer gameplay and I noticed that in fact there is no channel configured on the Red Radio !
I've edited the mission and all seems fine o.O in the mission editor.
Is it a DCS bug, or something that can be fixed either by me or RAZBAM ?

On the file attached you will see that there is no channel on Red Radio, I've switch the green one and frequency did change for it.

Thanks for your attention 🙂

Sry for the long post... hope its not a repost...

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Asghardhyl said:

Hello !

I'm a newbie on DCS (15hrs of flight su25T-su27-M2000C) and I really like the M2000C.
So I've tried to do the campain.
I've follow a tips from EFPV (french player) about the first mission : change the date (February instead of January) so the magnetic north is correct.

Same thing for the second mission. Etc.

But one point is annoying and I don't know if you fixed it already or gave a workaround, it seems that the Red Radio isn't working at all...

I've made it to 3rd mission by switching Green one to talk to leader etc.

Today I've installed DCS SimpleRadio for further multiplayer gameplay and I noticed that in fact there is no channel configured on the Red Radio !
I've edited the mission and all seems fine o.O in the mission editor.
Is it a DCS bug, or something that can be fixed either by me or RAZBAM ?

On the file attached you will see that there is no channel on Red Radio, I've switch the green one and frequency did change for it.

Thanks for your attention 🙂

Sry for the long post... hope its not a repost...

Capture.PNG

Just saw the luminosity of the capture... I will upload another asap.

Hello !

I've kept looking for the bug and I may have find why the red radio doesn't work at startup. In fact it seems that it's turned on once your engine is started up, but not before...
Is it normal ?

A fix I've thought about is to put channel 1 on Green Radio to Element frequency, once the startup is done you could add a message to tell player to turn GR to 2. Shift all frequency by 1 channel.

Any thought ?

4 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Did you ask ground crew for ground power?  Think some comms do not work without ground power or engine.  A bug indeed.

Ok I've tried and I can confirm that the red radio won't work if Ground Power is off, it will turn on eventually if your plane is started.
Made it to landing and... crashed...
I need to change my axes curves as I couldn't refuel... so hard... even with FBW in charges mode...

u do not need to air refuel on the campaign.  it is optional.  The mirage is tough for AAR... put FBW in ground attack mode and maybe axis curves at 15...that should allow smaller adjustments at the tanker...AAR take a lot of practise and patience but like learning to ride a bike...once you have it, it gets easier and easier.  Have fun 

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Thanks for your kind answer 😉
Yup I've already set my curves to 15, maybe I'll lower the dead zone (4) on my x52 pro, I will try to finish this mission without refuelling at least. I've done a perfect ILS landing with the m2000 once but on this mission it keeps getting away from me...

Yes, I have the smallest deadzone possible.  Enough so that it does always rest on the dead zone if I am not touching the stick or just have my hand loose on it. On my virpil I think it is 2 for me. Then u have a better / more precise response when doing air refueling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere - I don't know if this is a general issue with DCS AI (I suspect so), probably not a bug in the campaigns but a bit of a problem in missions for me.

I've noticed often in this campaign and the Red Flag campaign that when on glidepath for landing, my wingman will try to stay in formation and land at the same time, which leads to him making some crazy erratic manoeuvres, up and down and sometimes over and under my aircraft. Half the time they will just plough straight into the ground and crash and burn just short of the runway, sometimes they will land in front or behind me. I'm always worried to get wrecked by them on landing which would ruin an hours long mission (although a collision hasn't happened yet.. knock on wood). But it kind of ruins the missions immersion at the end as I'm not so much enjoying the landing as I am trying to dodge this crazy AI pilot on a suicide mission.

Is this a common problem? What's the best way to deal with this / is there a way to avoid it?

3 hours ago, chrisnlnz said:

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere - I don't know if this is a general issue with DCS AI (I suspect so), probably not a bug in the campaigns but a bit of a problem in missions for me.

I've noticed often in this campaign and the Red Flag campaign that when on glidepath for landing, my wingman will try to stay in formation and land at the same time, which leads to him making some crazy erratic manoeuvres, up and down and sometimes over and under my aircraft. Half the time they will just plough straight into the ground and crash and burn just short of the runway, sometimes they will land in front or behind me. I'm always worried to get wrecked by them on landing which would ruin an hours long mission (although a collision hasn't happened yet.. knock on wood). But it kind of ruins the missions immersion at the end as I'm not so much enjoying the landing as I am trying to dodge this crazy AI pilot on a suicide mission.

Is this a common problem? What's the best way to deal with this / is there a way to avoid it?

Dumb AI is a common problem.  Have not tested in 2.7 but ED made some improvements and probably a lot more to do on that front

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Campagn "Coup d'Etat" Mission 01

It's actually impossible to finish the mission, here why.

During the mission, you need to add a markpoint over the crash site but mirage's button id used to validate it in scripting has changed since the release of the campagn.

In order for the mission to work again, you have to modify it a little in ME.

In triggers section, search for the line about markpoint and the line about validate markpoint and change arguments has following :

"Mark Press" argument  583 ---> 582
"Mark Valid" argument   581 ---> 580

And it works again !

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Hi!

In mission 2 of the 'M2000 Campaign', after start-up, the IPs (flight Colt) and your wingman get stuck on the taxiway. 

On ramp 3 there is an AWACS aircraft and I think they are unable to pass it to turn onto taxiway Echo towards runway 31. 

You can still fly / finish the mission if you bypass them taking taxiway Delta, Sierra & Echo. You will fly alone though. 

Regards,

Lookstwice

edit: removed the ILS bit

Edited by Lookstwice

On 10/23/2021 at 7:16 AM, Lookstwice said:

Hi!

In mission 2 of the 'M2000 Campaign', after start-up, the IPs (flight Colt) and your wingman get stuck on the taxiway. 

On ramp 3 there is an AWACS aircraft and I think they are unable to pass it to turn onto taxiway Echo towards runway 31. 

You can still fly / finish the mission if you bypass them taking taxiway Delta, Sierra & Echo. You will fly alone though. 

Regards,

Lookstwice

edit: removed the ILS bit

Getting this exact same issue. Where the Mission Editor thinks this parked E-3 should be vs. where it appears in-game.

M02parkedawacsbug1.png

M02parkedawacsbug2.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 10:20 AM, paradox64 said:

Hi all,

Campagn "Coup d'Etat" Mission 01

It's actually impossible to finish the mission, here why.

During the mission, you need to add a markpoint over the crash site but mirage's button id used to validate it in scripting has changed since the release of the campagn.

In order for the mission to work again, you have to modify it a little in ME.

In triggers section, search for the line about markpoint and the line about validate markpoint and change arguments has following :

"Mark Press" argument  583 ---> 582
"Mark Valid" argument   581 ---> 580

And it works again !

Thanks and also apologies for late reply, fixed internally for next update!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png