Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

I think ED introduced a huge bug from the point of view of any campaign and DCS no longer detects "Part of group" entering zone. Which means that the campaign won't be playable, as these triggers are used in each mission for different groups (player etc). I will run some tests tonight but if it is really broken we will have to wait for the next patch :(

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I think ED introduced a huge bug from the point of view of any campaign and DCS no longer detects "Part of group" entering zone. Which means that the campaign won't be playable, as these triggers are used in each mission for different groups (player etc). I will run some tests tonight but if it is really broken we will have to wait for the next patch :(

That would explain a lot since the last mission worked fine before patching.

At least we know what the error is and may be able to continue the campaign after christmas or something...

Misison 7 :

Even if the radio are correctly configured, I never hear my wingman. Player is speaking alone.

I could listen to BERGER's message, but nothing from TWO.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Same for me in Mission 4

At WP 3 Colt 4 is not talking to me anymore.

Radio Freq. set like in Briefing. Mission does not continue

I hear my wingman but no colt 4

I did not finish Misson 4 at all but the radar tutorial at WP 3 worked last week

Edited by log4

Mission 1, a quick check

Kneeboard:

- initial lat is 41°38.06', not 41°38.69' (according to M-2000C kneeboard)

- initial alt is 1513', not 1509' (according to M-2000C kneeboard)

- green ch. 1 is 139.50 MHz, not 139.9

- green ch. 3 is 249.00, not 243

Dialog:

- [COTON 3-1] Zeus 67. Coton 3-1. Rread you five by five.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'm afraid to report that on M03 (refueling), a radio trigger might be not working as intended. (after updating today)

I have flown the mission 2 times and the same happens:

On the final phase, just short to arriving to WP6, when you are receiving the final instructions for final approach after confirming with F10 that you have contacted approach. There were a lot of custom messages (some from the begining of the mission) playing at the same time.

Maybe a flag that has gone berserk?

Can anyone confirm if he has the same problem? It might be only happening on my system...

By the way Baltic, nice job. I'm enjoying my return to DCS after a long leave thanks to the M2K and the campaign.

Hi harm_, thanks for the feedback. I will try to check it in the coming days and should be able to fix whatever needs fixing (unless it is a horizontal issue, not mission specific). I've seen before flags going berserk after updates.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I tried to run mission 9 in the campaign - I did a lot of tests as mission, but I still have to run it in the campaign :D

I noticed some strange things that I don't recall from running it once successfully before the breaking 1.5.5 updates. Once or twice I have the impression of missing a dialog (once I heard myself saying "Two" but there was nothing before).

And the CAP mission runs in loop between waypoints 3 and 4 - more or less, lead is following the waypoints somewhat approximately. But it doesn't seem to end, no action for us (Saxon do their thing and go back).

Maybe it has to do with a remark from lead saying red channel 2 should be put for AWACS, and green 3 for mission, so we're sure not to miss anything. I did that, and perhaps there were dialogs with a condition on red channel 1?

Or it's one of the remaining DCS bugs introduced since the Spitfire udpate.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Raaah just flown mission 8 which was great. Now I am feared to start mission 9 and see it's bugged. Anyone else flew it lately ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Raaah just flown mission 8 which was great. Now I am feared to start mission 9 and see it's bugged. Anyone else flew it lately ?

If you don't want to wait for a fix: I reverted to 1.5.5.59992, like others, and it's much better :)

The only caveat with mission 9 is that you must start any other mission before doing this one in DCS (or start it a first time, exit, and re-start it - without leaving DCS), otherwise some AI groups like Saxon won't start.

This will happen no matter which version you are using.

The revert was quick, it had to download about 1 GB. It's recommended to keep a backup of your user configuration, though I didn't have any trouble with that, it's here:

beta:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

or if you have the release version:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS

I guess most of the missions won't work as intended until a fix comes out, hopefully tomorrow!

Hello, I'd like to know if the bug affecting the triggers could prevent M07 to finish.

I could hear TWO most of the time, however after completing all tasks successfully, I got the dialog saying flight is RTB, little chit-chat on the way home (about doing CSAR with the Mirage), but after landing nothing happens, even after taxiing to designated spot.

If I quit, mission is deemed a failure (can't progress). Had this twice, I don't want to fly it again if there is a mission-breaking bug.

On first try my wingman ejected due to lack of fuel (even though I told him to RTB), so on second try I made sure he hit the tanker before going back, I also waited for him to land, but no dice.

Thanks!

I completed 07 in the current patch (1.5.5.60503.215) no problems. Did all the tasks, sent the wingman to the tanker, RTBed myself, parked at the designated spot and ended the mission before the wingman was on the ground. Result 100. So not sure why the mission fails for you...

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I completed 07 in the current patch (1.5.5.60503.215) no problems. Did all the tasks, sent the wingman to the tanker, RTBed myself, parked at the designated spot and ended the mission before the wingman was on the ground. Result 100. So not sure why the mission fails for you...

Maybe I cut the corners on RTB, I'll try again with strictly following flight plan on return from WP4 (i.e. 3-2-5-6-7)...

After having SABRE takeoff, did you have to complete other tasks? I didn't.

Thanks

Ok, I think I found the issue... I had forgotten to enter the initial position in the INS during startup, so my whole flight was offset (at least until I got the coordinates, were I did an INS update, seeing that I was way off)... :D

Edited by PiedDroit

Yeah to confirm I just reflew the mission and it works fine on my end.

You should be good up to M08. M09 upwards are broken atm by trigger issues.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yeah to confirm I just reflew the mission and it works fine on my end.

You should be good up to M08. M09 upwards are broken atm by trigger issues.

OK thanks.

I flew it and finished it succesfully, I think M07 didn't work at first because some flags weren't set at the beginning of the flight, due to the offset.

....aaand after today's update mission 09 is fixed as well. I hope I can finally finish this awesome campaign now! :thumbup:

Specs:

....aaand after today's update mission 09 is fixed as well. I hope I can finally finish this awesome campaign now! :thumbup:

So does it start normally if that's the first mission you run after launching DCS? That bug really had me nonplussed. :huh:

So does it start normally if that's the first mission you run after launching DCS? That bug really had me nonplussed. :huh:

Ah right! Nope, this one is still in. Other elements don't start in a fresh DCS, only after you launched another (or the same) mission before.

I was talking about the bugged group dead trigger that broke the mission at a later stage.

Edited by spiddx

Specs: