Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

Sorry to hear that :/ it is out of my hands, both the taxi issues and campaign progression were reported AFAIK. There is also a post by Redglyph somewhere telling you how to fix the problem with mission progression.

Maybe the solution could be some kind of cheating, editing a log somewhere to make the game believe mission 9 is done?

Sorry to hear that :/ it is out of my hands, both the taxi issues and campaign progression were reported AFAIK. There is also a post by Redglyph somewhere telling you how to fix the problem with mission progression.

MISSION 9:

Still got the problem with leader staying at the gate.

I tried to move him on mission editor (other spot, airborn, on runway etc): MIssion succes, but it does not allow me to proceed to mission 10.

I tried to contact ATC ASAP to request startup: leader does not move.

Maybe there is a tip to move the leader to another spot, without leaving the campaign mode?

Please help, I have flown hours on this mission :)

I had a non-related bug that broke any campaign progression, so I entered the results manually into the logbook, it's no trouble explaing how. Yes, it's a little bit like cheating... but needs must ;)

The log is in this file: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua (%userprofile% being c:\users\<user name>)

1) MAKE A BACKUP of this file! ;)

2) Find the campaign part, in this case, search for the line with:

["campaign"] = "./Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/Missions/Campaigns/M-2000C Campaign.cmp",

3) Included in the ["history"] part are the missions you have flown, the pain is that they are not sorted out. The last one - the next to come, is incomplete, for ex if you have to fly mission 5:

[6] = 
{
	["stage"] = 5,
	["mission"] = "Mission 05 FINAL.miz",
}, -- end of [6]
[5] = 
{
	["datetime"] = "12/07/16 23:37:17",
	["agKills"] = 0,
	["result"] = 100,
	["aaKills"] = 0,
	["deathsCount"] = 0,
	["stage"] = 4,
	["mission"] = "Mission 04 FINAL.miz",
}, -- end of [5]

Note that if you failed a mission, for ex. mission 5, you would have one entry with ["stage"]=5, ["result"]=0 ... 50, and one entry [i+1] incomplete, still with stage 5, stating you have to fly it again (or it could even be stage 4 if your score is less than 50, meaning you regressed back one mission in the campaign).

4) If you want to bypass mission 05, just add the missing info to make it look like it has succeeded (the datetime isn't really checked for now):

[6] = 
{
	["agKills"] = 0,
	["result"] = 100,
	["aaKills"] = 0,
	["deathsCount"] = 0,
	["stage"] = 5,
}, -- end of [6]
[5] = 
{
	["agKills"] = 0,
	["result"] = 100,
	["aaKills"] = 0,
	["deathsCount"] = 0,
	["stage"] = 4,
}, -- end of [5]

5) Create the stub for the next mission to run, here mission 6, making sure the .miz filename is correct by looking into the campaign directory. Don't forget to increase the ["stage"] value:

[6] = 
{
	["agKills"] = 0,
	["result"] = 100,
	["aaKills"] = 0,
	["deathsCount"] = 0,
	["stage"] = 5,
}, -- end of [6]
[5] = 
{
	["agKills"] = 0,
	["result"] = 100,
	["aaKills"] = 0,
	["deathsCount"] = 0,
	["stage"] = 4,
}, -- end of [5]
[7] = 
{
	["stage"] = 6,
	["mission"] = "Mission 06 FINAL.miz",
}, -- end of [7]

And you should be good!

If you have remorses, you can still run the mission later in single mission mode, once bugs have been solved / skills have been honed / ...

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'll take you up on it ;)

If you have problems with the editing, don't hesitate to post the log ... somewhere, here? If another thread, you can ping me otherwise I probably won't see it.

A problem in logbook.lua may prevent DCS from starting (or cause it to freeze when you open the campaign screen). In any event of error you can parse the session log file to find out what went wrong, like here (pg 7 in this thread).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Not sure if this has been asked before, but on Mission 1, I am following the leader out, and arriving at Taxiway A he stops and no way to make him move again.

Am I supposed to do something?

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

It has been answered.

When taxiing behind the lead, don't stay too close, the AI tends to freak out and stop.

Get some spacing and wait until he gets to the active and stops (there is a vehicle behind him). Once he does, just slowly get behind him until you hear him call that you are both ready for departure.

The AI during taxi is annoying and there is very little control over what it does. But as long as you don't stay too close to the IP during taxi and only approach him once he has stopped short of the runway you should be fine. Let me know if it works!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I made something wrong, all campaign is lost; is there anybody to send me his logbook? :S

FORGET IT. It is ok. Problem came from Mission 3, which is called Caucasus M03, while other are Missions +#.

You told me to check the name of missions Redglyph; 100% my fault!

Edited by ridbobkan

I am very bad in editing Lua but I am sure there is a way to do that, Redglyph was very good at it. Or Gliptal - perhaps they will be able to help. Wonder where did these errors come from - that is after the last update, right?

P.S. Thanks for M8 feedback, added to TO-DO list for the spike issue.

*EDIT* Try this link, perhaps it will help

Edited by baltic_dragon

i have errors and cant play the campaign anymore :(

it skipped mission 8 and sent me straight to 9: is there a way to edit progress and return to 8?

Check Baltic_dragon's link above, if you can't fix the logbook, could you please post it here so I can edit it?

You can only include the campaign part if you don't want to share the whole logbook.

Make a backup copy, just in case! :)

I'm not making a thread just for this because it's more an observation or question, but I had a moment of confusion in mission 5, because of the radios (hopefully I haven't missed this in other people's posts here... that's becoming a long thread).

1) The first "issue" happened because I switched red on channel 2 to hear AWACS, a little after taking off. I could then only hear my part of the conversation with my lead. I then tried switching green, but it was correct, and I could only hear him by setting red back on channel 1. So I'm talking in green 3, he's talking in red 1.

2) The second issue was getting the attention of AWACS. With green channel 4, they don't answer my requests, I have to be on red 2 and use UHF to get any response.

Not sure the experience was the same for anyone else, but that wasn't intuitive for me ;)

Apart from that little moment of fumbling through the channels, that's a highly enjoyable mission! Tried it twice with two different outcomes, it's a nice touch.

meaning by that, if you are too slow, someone else will do the job for you :D

Edited by Redglyph

Regarding radios: you are technically not talking through any radio, your own messages will always play regardless because they're trigger based. Most of the time intra-flight and IPs will answer on Red, so don't change radios unless you're instructed to (as it is done IRL I believe). AWACS should answer on Green (as to keep the channel with lead open), that may be something to check.

Regarding radios: you are technically not talking through any radio, your own messages will always play regardless because they're trigger based. Most of the time intra-flight and IPs will answer on Red, so don't change radios unless you're instructed to (as it is done IRL I believe). AWACS should answer on Green (as to keep the channel with lead open), that may be something to check.

Yes, I know that's scripted, but since lead instructed to change to channel 3, I was expecting him to "talk" there, or in other words to use that as a condition. But I'm normally used to UHF communications for the wing and flight, so I should have expected that, I guess I was just mislead and didn't think it over.

What was weird is the conversation was going on even though the channels were not correct, and the player's part was audible.

For the AWACS, I switched to channel 4 and asked several times for a bogey dope, then a picture, but nothing. On UHF the response was immediate. I'll try again later when I have the time.

I'm not making a thread just for this because it's more an observation or question, but I had a moment of confusion in mission 5, because of the radios (hopefully I haven't missed this in other people's posts here... that's becoming a long thread).

1) The first "issue" happened because I switched red on channel 2 to hear AWACS, a little after taking off. I could then only hear my part of the conversation with my lead. I then tried switching green, but it was correct, and I could only hear him by setting red back on channel 1. So I'm talking in green 3, he's talking in red 1.

2) The second issue was getting the attention of AWACS. With green channel 4, they don't answer my requests, I have to be on red 2 and use UHF to get any response.

Not sure the experience was the same for anyone else, but that wasn't intuitive for me ;)

Apart from that little moment of fumbling through the channels, that's a highly enjoyable mission! Tried it twice with two different outcomes, it's a nice touch.

meaning by that, if you are too slow, someone else will do the job for you :D

When I first started to build this campaign I used radio transmission also for the player. But I soon realized that if you make a mistake with the radios, there is no way to tell that you have done so and in the best case scenario you will just loose big part of the text, in the worst case you won't succeed as you miss important part. So this semi-realistic system is done on purpose - and you will always hear yourself talking.

I feel it is still much much better than using sound messages and requires you to be on top of the radios all the time.

In at least 3 missions you will need to tune into AWACS frequency and then remember to go back to main.

As for your problem with communicating on Green, are you sure you ised the correct switch, ie you asked using the green radio? That is a common mistake to transmit on the wrong one.

For the second issue also check if presets for 4 green and 2 red are giving you the same freq. If not it is a bug and I will correct it.

Bugs and Problems

Thanks Baltic dragon and redglyph. I modified the log and it worked. I think the problem isn't related to the campaign but to my SSD which run out of space.

Thanks a bunch. I am glad I didn't skip 8. It is an excellent mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk