Campaign feedback

baltic_dragon

I switched to channel 04 on it but I didn't hear anything.

when you switch to channel 04 you can talk to the AWACS, you should do it by yourself via comms menu

I hear my wingman just fine though

I've noticed this kind of tiny 'bug' throughout the campaign - no matter which channel you are on, you'll still be hearing 'custom' dialogues with the wingman

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when you switch to channel 04 you can talk to the AWACS, you should do it by yourself via comms menu

I've noticed this kind of tiny 'bug' throughout the campaign - no matter which channel you are on, you'll still be hearing 'custom' dialogues with the wingman

My wingman actually cut out when I switched UHF channels on the main radio, however I used f10 menu to ask AWACS and didn't get a response, was I supposed to use a dedicated comms key?

My wingman actually cut out when I switched UHF channels on the main radio, however I used f10 menu to ask AWACS and didn't get a response, was I supposed to use a dedicated comms key?

no, you had to use dedicated AWACS option in the comms menu ... I don't remember it's F7 or F6 ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In mission 1 I'm told to press the "4 switch" on my main UHF. What does that mean?

Yep, that is channel 4. Sometimes in comms it would be referred as "button 4". To make things more complex ;)

will the missions be available separately after I complete the campaign ?

cause I'll probably want to replay some of them

You can just navigate to your campaign folder (IIRC program files/eagle dynamics/dsc world/mods/M2000C/missions/en/ and choose any mission you would like to replay. Also, after you finish it, let me know which missions would be good for MP, I spoke to Zeus and we will release them in that version (probably those starting with M7 are eligible). Choose "single mission" in the menu and a browser will open.

Yes, that is a weird thing - when you set up the radio for the whole flight, then no matter on what channel you are you can still hear your wingman. In order to change it I would have to plug all the audio files to a completely different units, but then there is a risk that the transmission would be blocked (by mountains, range, altitude etc. etc). So I decided to leave it as is.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

AWACS is available through the standard F7 menu, not the custom F10.

I'm not trying to talk to AWACS through the "other" radio menu I'm using F10 as normal and hitting f7 to access AWACS comms.

Main VUHF is set to 269.000 frequency, is that incorrect?

Edit: Thanks for putting up with me so far

I also want to thank baltic_dragon and this campaign for letting me experience my first successful AAR. I've been really struggling with it before ... I even had to get a new stick (X55)

Somehow I managed to complete that mission, refueled to full tank (with 5-10 disconnects :D). Somehow this campaign granted me enough patience to perform this. When I did my own mission for AAR in ME, I always lacked patience and got mad every time :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also want to thank baltic_dragon and this campaign for letting me experience my first successful AAR. I've been really struggling with it before ... I even had to get a new stick (X55)

Somehow I managed to complete that mission, refueled to full tank (with 5-10 disconnects :D). Somehow this campaign granted me enough patience to perform this. When I did my own mission for AAR in ME, I always lacked patience and got mad every time :D

Haha, good for you, I never mastered it (yes, I know, I must have flown this mission 100 times during building and testing). I completely suck at AAR. But I agree that refuelling in a more or less interactive mission with some instructions and the IP watching you is much more motivating that just doing it by yourself. Well, enjoy the rest!

I've completed missions 5 & 6 yesterday, they're awesome

In mission 5 Hotel 5 marks a "building opposite to enemy position" with blue smoke. what's the point of this ? on my first two attempts I bombed the hell out of that marked building :) am I dumb or something ? :D

main weapons of these missions are unguided bombs & rockets, you really have to rely on them. and it's so sad and disappointing that TAS accuracy is bugged at the moment. but obviously that's not a problem of the campaign, but of the module itself ..

I had to go with a gun sometimes because of this

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mission 7

got to the point where I had to leave formation and look after friendly tornados and listen to magic ... pontiac-1-1 told me to go check one of the targets ... at that time I had three targets on radar and I went to the closest - it was a group of two migs ... they didn't attack me, neither did I... they did CAP, so did I ... I went into formation with them, we were flying like "Strizhi" ("Swifts") aerobatic team ... no scripts worked at that time. I even crossed Russian border (sic!) with them ...

after some time passed, I dropped a fuel tank and got back to the third target, which was a ukrainian An-26(or 30?) - that's where the scripts started working again! :doh: and those migs attacked us as they had to ... launched a useless R-27R into outerspace ... they were so toothless :(

this mission had serious potential in it

but I ended up searching for places where scripts would work ... not actually for threats in the mission :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

got to the point where I had to leave formation and look after friendly tornados and listen to magic ... pontiac-1-1 told me to go check one of the targets ... at that time I had three targets on radar and I went to the closest - it was a group of two migs ... they didn't attack me, neither did I... they did CAP, so did I ... I went into formation with them, we were flying like "Strizhi" ("Swifts") aerobatic team ... no scripts worked at that time. I even crossed Russian border (sic!) with them ...

after some time passed, I dropped a fuel tank and got back to the third target, which was a ukrainian An-26(or 30?) - that's where the scripts started working again! :doh: and those migs attacked us as they had to ... launched a useless R-27R into outerspace ... they were so toothless :(

this mission had serious potential in it

but I ended up searching for places where scripts would work ... not actually for threats in the mission :(

Sorry to hear that! I think the IP tells you to tune to AWACS and use his calls, he should be calling a correct target. But still I might want to think about something that might help players avoid the situation you were in. Thanks for feedback!

I'm also surprised you weren't using VTB's Bullseye navigation capability ... there are a couple of missions with AWACs and when you ask him to report picture, he usually refers to the bullseye, which can be used for searching targets on VTB. But you don't mention Bullseye waypoint in the briefings...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mission 8

second CAP mission

one of the best missions so far, I liked the idea of CAP flights rotation a lot, just like IRL, with a tanker ...

I was preparing for refueling after CAP duties. But when I killed 'em all, I had 2900 litres of fuel left ... and had three options - go home/hit the tanker/go to Kutaisi. I chose RTB to Vaziani, but when I taxied to my parking lot, mission was complete only by 80% :( so it turned out refueling was mandatory ...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm also surprised you weren't using VTB's Bullseye navigation capability ... there are a couple of missions with AWACs and when you ask him to report picture, he usually refers to the bullseye, which can be used for searching targets on VTB. But you don't mention Bullseye waypoint in the briefings...

I built most of the campaign before it was implemented. TBH I don't really know how it works :) I should put one of the waypoints at bullseye location, right? Easy to do & good ide, thanks!

second CAP mission

one of the best missions so far, I liked the idea of CAP flights rotation a lot, just like IRL, with a tanker ...

I was preparing for refueling after CAP duties. But when I killed 'em all, I had 2900 litres of fuel left ... and had three options - go home/hit the tanker/go to Kutaisi. I chose RTB to Vaziani, but when I taxied to my parking lot, mission was complete only by 80% :( so it turned out refueling was mandatory ...

It isn't, I will check the triggers.

I built most of the campaign before it was implemented. TBH I don't really know how it works :) I should put one of the waypoints at bullseye location, right? Easy to do & good ide, thanks!

yeah, that's exactly what I thought :) I can feel the missions are pretty old :)

so the technology is pretty easy: one of the waypoints in your flightplan should be set as Bullseye in Mission Editor. during a sortie, you press the "N" button on the left side of VTB screen to choose the Bullseye waypoint out of available waypoints. Now when you have your Bulls set up, you ask Magic for picture, and he gives bearing and distance of target groups to the Bullseye point. If you don't see them on your radar, you just move your TDC to the same point as Magic said (TDC's distance/bearing to Bulls should be shown in the bottom left corner of VTB screen)

there are quite a few threads about it in the forums:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174645

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177939

hey ... there must be a tutorial about this in the training part of campaign (first 5 missions) ! with frenglish dialogues and stuff ! :P

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]