Blown tire problem

Zimmerdylan

Hey guys. I have been dealing with this "tire blowing" issue since the last update. I know that it's not uncommon as I see all of the posts pertaining to it.

So.....is it a reported bug? I've not heard anyone address it as such. If it's not, how do I avoid blowing tires upon takeoff these days? I've tried just about everything. Every time I take off this happens. It seems that as soon as I start to raise the nose of the AC......Blewey!:dunno:

• ED Team

attach a track showing the problem and we will take a look.

Loads of other threads about this with other aircraft also, however all tracks I have see so far are over weight, over speed, or have been putting to much stress on one side during landing or takeoff

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can't supply a track either, but playing online last Saturday I had for the first time ever a blown tire on take off. Twice. Once with the F-5E and later with the MiG-21. Both aircraft with full fuel and no external stores or fuel tanks. The F-5E happened at about 150 knots and the MiG at about 300 kph, both during rotation.

attach a track showing the problem and we will take a look.

Loads of other threads about this with other aircraft also, however all tracks I have see so far are over weight, over speed, or have been putting to much stress on one side during landing or takeoff

Will do this evening. Tracks that short should post ok. I'll do 2 or 3 of them for you. Happens every time I take off no matter the load or speed.

To avoid this problem I pull the stick from 130 kts no matter the load or plane .

It is true that since the last update, the tires seem more sensitive.

For me....It doesn't matter what I do. I pull the stick and the plane has no lift whatsoever, until the tire actually blows and then it takes right off. It's like the plane won't get off the ground until the tire is actually blown.

Very strange. It's one of those bugs that effects some but not others. :dunno:

• ED Team

It seems to me after looking at a lot of tracks if a user is outside a normal take off in anyway you will get punished for it.

Most of the tracks I have seen so far the speed at rotation made a huge difference, push it to far for a specific aircraft and a tyre will pop

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It seems to me after looking at a lot of tracks if a user is outside a normal take off in anyway you will get punished for it.

Most of the tracks I have seen so far the speed at rotation made a huge difference, push it to far for a specific aircraft and a tyre will pop

I beg to differ. Check my track. Happens before I reach 170 kts. Vmax for the tyres should be 230 kts according to the manual.

How can a tire blow BEFORE the plane goes fast enough even to rotate?!

I completely get what you are saying. But you aren't understanding that I am pulling back on my stick to get the AC off the ground as soon as possible to avoid the blowout. It just won't lift off until the tire blows. When the tire goes, it's like the plane loses a ton of weight and lifts off the ground. This surely must be a bug as I have never blown a tire on any AC before all of this.

In the 4 tracks I posted for you, there is nothing unusual about the takeoffs. At least 2 of them have the plane going right down the center of the runway with no deviation. So what do you mean by "outside of normal"?

Edited by Zimmerdylan

• ED Team

No worries, when I get some spare time I will take another look at them

• ED Team

Some of the tracks do not play back correctly, not to worry.

I notice you do not trim at all for take off, try with some trim and let me know if it helps.

I will try and find out if something has changed somewhere to be creating this problem.

For me personally I am not seeing an issue at take off

I completely get what you are saying. But you aren't understanding that I am pulling back on my stick to get the AC off the ground as soon as possible to avoid the blowout. It just won't lift off until the tire blows. When the tire goes, it's like the plane loses a ton of weight and lifts off the ground. This surely must be a bug as I have never blown a tire on any AC before all of this.

In the 4 tracks I posted for you, there is nothing unusual about the takeoffs. At least 2 of them have the plane going right down the center of the runway with no deviation. So what do you mean by "outside of normal"?

As BIGNEWY says, check Trim as attached.

I also sometime get blowout but I am conscious I am too fast when still on runway.

07_Pre-Taxi_2.thumb.jpg.570a91ac410330c56d56ce6fde09554e.jpg

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I always trim the plane properly, but I don't see how it should affect the Vmax of the tires. Last time I checked 160 is inferior to 230. Regardless the trim settings.

Well in that case I can't explain it. I just took off empty with nose erected but with nil trim just to see. Hauled it off at 200 ok.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• ED Team

The ED team are aware some users are having issues and it is being looked into.