FINALLY!

addde

New sub forum party!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Indeed Finally!.

Now we can start doing dedicated threads on the different areas so

its actually possible for people to navigate around to find what they want instead of the old system of the AJS 37 where basically everybody had to ask due to the amount of pages the thread had.

Since very few people me included can bother with going through 368 pages of posts (3680 posts and counting)

to see if whatever they wanted to know had already been answered.

Question how would reversing work? Axis wise set up?

You enable it by pulling a switch in the cockpit. The reverse shields will then be lowered when certain paramaters are met. I think they are weight on the rear wheels (might only be one side that's detected). If the nose wheel isn't touching the ground within a few seconds the reversing shields will be raised again. When the shields are lowered you reverse it simply by increasing standard thrust to full mil.

I hope that clears it up and that I'm right. If not, please correct me. :)

Edited by JanTelefon
Corrected
  • Like 1

I think they are rear wheels down (might only be one side that's detected).

Correct, although there has to be weight on one of the main gear (left?), not only extended landing gear, and as you said if the nosewheel is not compressed within 3(?) seconds of the main gear the reverser will be disabled automatically. This means that for the aircraft to make a really short landing you need to push the nose down fairly rapidly during landing. :joystick:

Wow! We are getting the AJS37 Viggen? I must have misunderstood the whole time, but makes sense on a realism level I guess... I was expecting this aircraft:

miggen.jpg

Ah yes the legendary Miggen! xD

Correct, although there has to be weight on one of the main gear (left?), not only extended landing gear, and as you said if the nosewheel is not compressed within 3(?) seconds of the main gear the reverser will be disabled automatically. This means that for the aircraft to make a really short landing you need to push the nose down fairly rapidly during landing. :joystick:

Ah yes the legendary Miggen! xD

Oh sorry. When I said wheels down I meant on the ground, as in weight on them. Will edit. :)

You enable it by pulling a switch in the cockpit. The reverse shields will then be lowered when certain paramaters are met. I think they are weight on the rear wheels (might only be one side that's detected). If the nose wheel isn't touching the ground within a few seconds the reversing shields will be raised again. When the shields are lowered you reverse it simply by increasing standard thrust to full mil.

I hope that clears it up and that I'm right. If not, please correct me. :)

Ah i see thanks buddy didnt think of it like that, I guess you could map that if you wish.

Landing the Viggen Can be pretty automated if you want to. You can lower the gear lever, and the gear with flaps (or is it slats) will come down automatically at the appropriate speed. You can also enable reversing, which will also engage automatically, and then engage an automatic thrust controller that adjusts thrust to a certain AoA. All that's left then is to concentrate on the stick. Pretty much at least.