The Détecteur de Départ Missile (DDM)

Zeus67

Good idea or how about if you dont want to use it dont flip the switch to power it.

The main reason for all the fuzz I think is multiplayer where people don't want the Mirage to have it because it might get an unrealistic (aka unfair) advantage. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

in all honestly it hasnt helped in blueflag in the engagements ive been in. Good GCI is what has helped. I can see both sides of this coin and agree have a pod option/ or enforceable via the server host aka mission maker.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

in all honestly it hasnt helped in blueflag in the engagements ive been in. Good GCI is what has helped. I can see both sides of this coin and agree have a pod option/ or enforceable via the server host aka mission maker.

I agree that it should be an option in the mission that's down to how the host wants it.

I also agree that it doesn't give that much of an advantage in a fight and people are overreacting to it greatly.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought the best way to do it would be to just make two different missiles: a Magic and a Magic D2M (both versions seem to be coded anyway now). The D2M version would only be loadable on the outer stations, would use the different pylon and enable D2M functionality. No need to modify the loadout screen and can be disabled in the warehouse if desired.

That being said I also have no idea how much work this would be for the devs, especially now that there's already another system in place. Maybe it could be revisited at a later time...?

It would be the best option.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

My opinon: adding things that are plausible but unused is fine, I guess, but the default should be off.

If you want to fly some strike missions in some made-up but plausible scenario, with made-up but plausible loadouts, it would also probably be realistic to mount a D2M. For me it's clear that doing that should require the active choice, and that not doing anything regarding D2Ms should result in a Mirage M-2000C configured, in that respect, in the way in which all of them have been configured historically.

Oh, and Rlaxoxo, these are your latest "contributions" to this thread.

Where is Sithspawn when you need him : D

I was about to write quite a lengthy reply but then I realized ...

Why bother lol ... dead topic

The heck is wrong with you guys ...?

Don't like it? Then don't use is period.

This thread needs to get locked it's pointless arguing over and over again

People still talking about this?

Geez ...

The above clutter is far less constructive than what you're complaining about.

• Like 2

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I thought the best way to do it would be to just make two different missiles: a Magic and a Magic D2M (both versions seem to be coded anyway now). The D2M version would only be loadable on the outer stations, would use the different pylon and enable D2M functionality. No need to modify the loadout screen and can be disabled in the warehouse if desired.

That being said I also have no idea how much work this would be for the devs, especially now that there's already another system in place. Maybe it could be revisited at a later time...?

:thumbup: Best idea! I hope when there will be some time RAZBAM would try to implement it.

All assets should be available in warehouses so later when DCS supply chains will evolve all the things can be controlled in a logistic/economic environment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The Détecteur de Départ Missile (DDM)

I agree. He is usually a valuable contributor to the Mirage forum. I don't understand why he decided that people have to stop having this discussion and wants to enforce it on everybody though the mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TomCatMucDe

If they were doing it from scratch I would prefer Azyran solution but yours is actually the best and fastest workaround given what we have. My vote goes for it.

My opinon: adding things that are plausible but unused is fine, I guess, but the default should be off.

If you want to fly some strike missions in some made-up but plausible scenario, with made-up but plausible loadouts, it would also probably be realistic to mount a D2M. For me it's clear that doing that should require the active choice, and that not doing anything regarding D2Ms should result in a Mirage M-2000C configured, in that respect, in the way in which all of them have been configured historically.

Nothing to contribute it's a dead topic ... same things being repeated every week with no meaning

You don't have to agree with me but it is my opinion

EDIT: And why go out of your way to flip trough last 6 weeks of discussion just to find my specific posts when I barely say anything in this post?

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Nothing to contribute it's a dead topic ... same things being repeated every week with no meaning

You don't have to agree with me but it is my opinion

EDIT: And why go out of your way to flip trough last 6 weeks of discussion just to find my specific posts when I barely say anything in this post?

You don't have to read the thread of it's dead. You can ignore it :)

• 3 years later...

Two things I think are striking:

First, the Mirage 2000 C is the "parent pauvre" of the AdlA Mirage 2000 because of its relatively limited number of upgrades.

The addition of the DDM is one way to compensate for the absence of the MICA and other goodies implemented in the 2000-5F, its good enough vs a Mig-21, but certainly not vs a F-16/18 which we are likely to be pitted against in the game.

So, Mirage 2000 fans will have to wait until the release of the 5F to fully enjoy the potential of the aircraft...

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Razbam mentioned they plan to do it and French Air force mentionned last year they were very interested by it if it can be done quickly. No news since, so there's a small hope.

But Razbam made it clear : M2000C has to be finished first.

Razbam mentioned they plan to do it and French Air force mentionned last year they were very interested by it if it can be done quickly. No news since, so there's a small hope.

But Razbam made it clear : M2000C has to be finished first.

It would be great. Do you have the source of this info ?

Two things I think are striking:

First, the Mirage 2000 C is the "parent pauvre" of the AdlA Mirage 2000 because of its relatively limited number of upgrades.

The addition of the DDM is one way to compensate for the absence of the MICA and other goodies implemented in the 2000-5F, its good enough vs a Mig-21, but certainly not vs a F-16/18 which we are likely to be pitted against in the game.

So, Mirage 2000 fans will have to wait until the release of the 5F to fully enjoy the potential of the aircraft...

Fit the Hornet with AIM-9M and AIM-7 and you have a chance :smilewink:

Keep in mind that Mirage 2000C RDI is a NATO interceptor, it isn't designed to compete against F-16 or Hornet :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...

Zeus said in one of the first posts about D2M and the Mirage C:

"It has the capability, it just does not use it."

It is really annoying that some servers block its use by leaving it default to off in the mission file. Just because the French didn't use it, doesn't mean it should be hard coded off. Online PvP servers are not "real" lol, especially the likes of Growling Sidewinder (air quake). So I think it should be defaulted to on, and left to the server to actively remove it if their community, mission, idea is to have it off.

It's too much of a life saver for the under dog mirage that is competing with 120Cs, 54s, etc. Often I'm notching, and will get a warning of a second missile inbound. That can be super helpful when I'm busy not hitting trees, blowing dust off roof tops, trying not to eat a 120 or 3 120s fired by a 18 missile boat.

Anyways, I think it's a poor decision, and make the mirage less fun to fly for those of us dedicated to the PvP aspect. I'm a dedicated mirage pilot, I will fly without d2m because I love it. I just don't like it lacking D2M and feel it drives other pilots away because it's such an underdog already.

Side note - I said that in growling and someone flying a 16 replied "the mirage is great, you just don't know how to fly it." I replied with "if that's so true, how come I'm the only one flying it out of 47 people on this server." crickets.

Zeus said in one of the first posts about D2M and the Mirage C:

"It has the capability, it just does not use it."

It is really annoying that some servers block its use by leaving it default to off in the mission file. Just because the French didn't use it, doesn't mean it should be hard coded off. Online PvP servers are not "real" lol, especially the likes of Growling Sidewinder (air quake). So I think it should be defaulted to on, and left to the server to actively remove it if their community, mission, idea is to have it off.

It's too much of a life saver for the under dog mirage that is competing with 120Cs, 54s, etc. Often I'm notching, and will get a warning of a second missile inbound. That can be super helpful when I'm busy not hitting trees, blowing dust off roof tops, trying not to eat a 120 or 3 120s fired by a 18 missile boat.

Anyways, I think it's a poor decision, and make the mirage less fun to fly for those of us dedicated to the PvP aspect. I'm a dedicated mirage pilot, I will fly without d2m because I love it. I just don't like it lacking D2M and feel it drives other pilots away because it's such an underdog already.

Side note - I said that in growling and someone flying a 16 replied "the mirage is great, you just don't know how to fly it." I replied with "if that's so true, how come I'm the only one flying it out of 47 people on this server." crickets.

FYI, D2M is now enabled on Growling Sidewinder :)

growling.PNG.cab6850b13ea8b754c429ac50fe22816.PNG

Edited by noxyd
typo

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

• 2 weeks later...

D2M on M 2000 C

Hi

I never could have the D2M operational on the M2K . When I switf the D2M to on, the D2M light goes blinking for heating but never turns to steady so the D2M is never operational.

Have you ever come across this problem. Is ther some operation that I missed to do?

Thanks for your help