Any news about GBU-12?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

As the manual states its a WIP I wonder if someone knows anything about this or when is sopposed to be ready or something like that...

thanks!!

I thought it is already implemented? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really?, They updated the manual for 2.0.4 and it still saying WIP??

The manual section for it is WIP.

But the weapon itself is fully implemented and Functional.

It works perfectly with a Jtac or Buddy laze and doing a diving attack from some altitude you dont have to be too precise when it comes to dropping parameters as the Bomb should be able to correct and guide to target (within a pretty large margin of error).

Edited by mattebubben

didin't know that gbu's can cruise like this.

is it just because of the speed of the plane? in the video, they went like mavericks

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

didin't know that gbu's can cruise like this.

is it just because of the speed of the plane? in the video, they went like mavericks

I very much doubt that this is realistic behaviour. They're not glide bombs. DCS physics I guess :noexpression:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Take into account that the bombs are flying ~600 knots (almost like a bullet). Even an airplane with full brakes deployed would not slow down much from that distance. So it might be possible that the bombs are able to generate the required lift. Of course I do not find this video as a realistic employment of this ordinance but deeper analysis might answer this behaviour.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Take into account that the bombs are flying ~600 knots (almost like a bullet). Even an airplane with full brakes deployed would not slow down much from that distance. So it might be possible that the bombs are able to generate the required lift. Of course I do not find this video as a realistic employment of this ordinance but deeper analysis might answer this behaviour.

It would be relatively realistic for a GBU-24, but you're correct that the GBU-12 has a much narrower engagement envelope. Not sure of the exact source of the picture at the bottom:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/gbu-24.htm

Had a lot of fun the other day dropping GBU-12s from the Tiger.. Buddy lased from a friend in an A-10C out of the SAM envelope.

Rolled in above the target at 15000 ft, almost 90 degrees nose down, GBU off rack at 12000ft and pull the aircraft out of the dive as to not frag yourself ;)

Not anywhere near correct procedures I'm guessing, but it works. Out of 12 attempts, 11 GBUs hit, with one not tracking as it came off rack almost parallel to the ground and the seeker had no idea!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Any news yet regarding the deployment of GBU-12 in the F5?

I'm referring to the delivery procedure. Is it possible to assign lasing without an online buddy helping to do that?

Edited by Avio

Any news yet regarding the deployment of GBU-12 in the F5?

I'm referring to the delivery procedure. Is it possible to assign lasing without an online buddy helping to do that?

You can have a AI JTAC vehicule doing the lasing ; there is a script somewhere also that does that. For delivery parameters, I would say just use them as Mk-82, drop them high enough and they should guide alright.

The thing is, even for Mk-82 and such, there is a bit of trouble with delivery procedures as of now (or so it would seem).

• 4 weeks later...
Added training mission on the use of GBU-12 bombs.

Added the section for use GBU-12 bombs in the Flight Manual

Thank you Belsimtek for adding the GBU-12 training mission. :thumbup: I think someone forgot to push the updated manual, because it still does not show there. :music_whistling:

Now just missing the Snakeyes and the CBUs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

As everyone in this thread (I suppose), I'm really enjoying the F-5E and of course, I'm willing to learn the best (ok, let's say at least a correct) way to use the GBU's.

I have made several attempts with an offline mission I created. Everything looks good on the paper but once in flight, I never got the bombs to acquire the laser guidance, they just fall like unguided ones. I get all radio clearance from the JTAC with correct laser code ( 1688 ) but it still does no good.

My question is: does it come from my mission edition, or is there a flight parameter I should be aware of, such like min/max altitude or speed ?

Thanks for any response, you get the mission file attached just in case.

Cheers!

test_gbu.miz

Hello Everyone,

As everyone in this thread (I suppose), I'm really enjoying the F-5E and of course, I'm willing to learn the best (ok, let's say at least a correct) way to use the GBU's.

I have made several attempts with an offline mission I created. Everything looks good on the paper but once in flight, I never got the bombs to acquire the laser guidance, they just fall like unguided ones. I get all radio clearance from the JTAC with correct laser code ( 1688 ) but it still does no good.

My question is: does it come from my mission edition, or is there a flight parameter I should be aware of, such like min/max altitude or speed ?

Thanks for any response, you get the mission file attached just in case.

Cheers!

did you make sure, that the jtac is even lasing? maybe try the same mission again, but check with the a10c or mirage if the jtac is lasing