DCS Activication for new PC

Hi

I have had DCS on a PC for several years with quite a few modules installed over that time. I also have the Alpha and Beta versions including the Nevada NTTR. I am in the process of building a new PC... could someone explain if I have to do anything with de-activication and activication procedures... or do I just have to install DCS World on my new PC, sign in and install my modules as I did when I installed the Alpha and Beta worlds on my old PC?

As I have never re-installed DCS at any time the procedure is a mystery to me... and I will be sure to mess it up if I don't ask :helpsmilie:

Regards and thanks for any help...

Edited by IJammer

You need to deactivate all modules, campaigns and NTTR on your old PC first.

Then install on your new PC and activate everything again.

If you don't deactivate before installing on the new PC, you will loose one activation per module/campaign/NTTR.

To ease the process I recommend using SkateZilla's Updater Utility, which can be found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thanks for the reply Sporg... I have also discovered another huge thread on this forum with regard to deactivating and activating... from what I have read so far (unless they have changed it) you get ten activications for each module, map etc. Well, as I don't keep building PC's and installing new OS I would be quite happy to keep my old PC with DCS activated and use up some spare activications on the new PC that I hope will last a few years before any new DCS hardware upgrade is needed again. Also, it appears you get a new refreshed activication added every month. More than enough for me :) Thanks for the link to the Updater Utility.

I can understand the security requirement with ED... but can't see why you can't just sign in with your account on and only one PC at a time... who cares which PC or hardware you are using?

You're welcome.

The problem with your solution is just, your old PC does not stay activated.

When you activate on your new PC, the old one is deactivated automatically, and you lose one activation.

If you then activate the old one without deactivating the new one, you lose one activation again.

Etc., etc.

My advice would be, deactivate everything on the old one, but keep DCS installed without using it.

If you then need it, deactivate on the new one, before activating on the old one again.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you will lose an activation. Migrating to a new pc usually costs one but as pointed out that's pretty irrelevant.

To back up what I'm saying.

"If the copy protection system detects changes to your computer hardware/software, an activation will be required.

It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software. "

Edited by cthulhu68