CCM Target Switching Help

TomCatMucDe

Hello Simmers,

I am still having an ussie with deselecting a target and locking the next one in CCM.

For example, I acquire a target in vertical mode, I turn away from it and I try to use boresight mode to lock another, it doesnt work, I would relock the first one.

I know that Zeus fixed the issue, but I am donig something wrong. I hope someone can help.

Cheers!

same here

but this is not the only issue with CCM

I'm also experiencing problems with locking the first target after losing lock ... I have visual on it, radar on, magics already locked on it, CCM in Vertical Scan mode, I see it inside the hud, but radar is not locking !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same here

but this is not the only issue with CCM

I'm also experiencing problems with locking the first target after losing lock ... I have visual on it, radar on, magics already locked on it, CCM in Vertical Scan mode, I see it inside the hud, but radar is not locking !

That can be due to notch.

But I agree that CCM is sometimes is locking outside its scan volume.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Zeus, could you please fix this once for all? it is quite handicapping during dogfight with friendlies and foes around.

Honestly silly question, I mean no Developer or programmer ever is looking for a temporary fix, unless his bos is pushing him to.

I do not think that Razbam is that big that theese issues happen.

If you have friendlies that close you do not fire fox2 anyway and fox1 wont work either. So guns it is and that also works without radar just fine. Handicapping is a pretty strong exageration.

Create a bug report for it and he will for sure will take care of it. Zeus allways has.

Unlike ED which is ignoring su27 and f15 ignoring craters for more then 1,5 months now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CCM Target Switching Help

Honestly silly question, I mean no Developer or programmer ever is looking for a temporary fix, unless his bos is pushing him to.

I do not think that Razbam is that big that theese issues happen.

If you have friendlies that close you do not fire fox2 anyway and fox1 wont work either. So guns it is and that also works without radar just fine. Handicapping is a pretty strong exageration.

Create a bug report for it and he will for sure will take care of it. Zeus allways has.

Unlike ED which is ignoring su27 and f15 ignoring craters for more then 1,5 months now.

Silly question cause you understand it wrongly. Few patches ago it was said that it was fixed, but this bug seems harder to squash than we thought. Nobody has complained about it so Zeus probably assumes that it works now. Hence "once for all"

Thanks for your brilliant advices about when I should fox and when not, master but you again miss the point. Let's say you have 2 friendly and one foe. All I want is to switch lock and IFF so I can find the enemy and pursue him, not necessarily immediately shooting. Even if the planes are very far away from each other as long as the first lock is in your radar gimbal, you would be stuck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question cause you understand it wrongly. Few patches ago it was said that it was fixed, but this bug seems harder to squash than we thought. Nobody has complained about it so Zeus probably assumes that it works now. Hence "once for all"

Thanks for your brilliant advices about when I should fox and when not, master but you again miss the point. Let's say you have 2 friendly and one foe. All I want is to switch lock and IFF so I can find the enemy and pursue him, not necessarily immediately shooting. Even if the planes are very far away from each other as long as the first lock is in your radar gimbal, you would be stuck with it.

Sorry if I did misunderstand you, just too used to having to defend Devs from non Dev people on theese forums which are just like "whay no fix". :D I know what happend timeline wise.

For the foxing I am sorry again but I really just got triggered by your first statement ! :D [have to ask some native english speakers if its me beeing retarded or if "please once and for all" is really a little r00d.]

I know it sometimes locks weird stuff but I tbh think its not the same bug. One would have to do testing for that. Maybee I will do that latorz and write a propper bug report.

CCM locking something you would not expect is pretty sparse info.

'Nother pro tip: :pirate: lock one guy, switch TWS, if they at least roughly within the same scan volume that should help. And I didnt have problems with CCM anymore locking stuff that is really far from the thing I am actually trying to lock. :)

Really wasnt trying to be rood ! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry if I did misunderstand you, just too used to having to defend Devs from non Dev people on theese forums which are just like "whay no fix". :D I know what happend timeline wise.

For the foxing I am sorry again but I really just got triggered by your first statement ! :D [have to ask some native english speakers if its me beeing retarded or if "please once and for all" is really a little r00d.]

I know it sometimes locks weird stuff but I tbh think its not the same bug. One would have to do testing for that. Maybee I will do that latorz and write a propper bug report.

CCM locking something you would not expect is pretty sparse info.

'Nother pro tip: :pirate: lock one guy, switch TWS, if they at least roughly within the same scan volume that should help. And I didnt have problems with CCM anymore locking stuff that is really far from the thing I am actually trying to lock. :)

Really wasnt trying to be rood ! :D

No offense taken :) I am also not native speaker so yes I wouldnt be surprised if the choice of my words wasnt wise or can be misunderstood.

I am a big Razbam supporter and impressed by Zeus personnally. I certainly didnt mean to complain about his work.

At this time I have no idea how to solve this issue that does not involve an extensive rewrite of the radar code. Basically I would have to recode it from scratch.

This is at the bottom of my priority list because of that. If I find an easy answer to this problem then I will fix it as soon as possible.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

At this time I have no idea how to solve this issue that does not involve an extensive rewrite of the radar code. Basically I would have to recode it from scratch.

This is at the bottom of my priority list because of that. If I find an easy answer to this problem then I will fix it as soon as possible.

I understand! Thanks for the heads up!

I understand that you will fix it anyway then ?

If I can find a solution that does not involve me rewriting all the radar code.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...