Best missions/campaigns for a HUey noob?

komemiute

Couple of things that will be enjoyable/useful for you

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2774533&postcount=51

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2800043&postcount=48

Both versions of Eightballs forestry operations mission

Hover practice

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1768029&postcount=6

Wolle's CSAR mission

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1771138&postcount=9

and Wavehoppers Medevac campaign

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2722167&postcount=5

Please be aware some things may not work in these missions anymore due to DCSW updates. Best to open them in mission editor and save them again in the version you use.

Also the 229th are a huey based Battalion with time zone specific Companies. Alpha for US, Bravo for EU and Charlie for Australasia link in my sig feel free to pop along :)

• Like 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Can I jump in on this while people are suggesting missions.

I'm looking for any coop missions, pref supply or transport for 3 x huey pilots to coop in. Sadly due to work and family commitments, none of us have time to join an internet Sqn, but I'm really struggling to find any coop missions that allow us this type of experience.

I freely admit that I have absolutely no idea how to put together a mission myself.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I will look for you over the weekend, I have several but not sure what state they are in. Mostly troop transport type missions. One in particular that I will post is a convoy ambush type mission you decide where to drop of your troops and bug out till they do the business, then return to pick em up:)

a video of our attempt, although we had huey gunship support it was built solely for CTLD anti tank troops

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will look for you over the weekend, I have several but not sure what state they are in. Mostly troop transport type missions. One in particular that I will post is a convoy ambush type mission you decide where to drop of your troops and bug out till they do the business, then return to pick em up:)

a video of our attempt, although we had huey gunship support it was built solely for CTLD anti tank troops

Cibit, that would be fantastic mate. Thankyou.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey Cowboy I am a bit pushed for time the next couple of days so I will post up this mission and hope it works ok. I literally have not even got time for a quick test. Try it and let me know what its like. I will get some others up to scratch for you over the weekend

Oh and save it in 1.5.5 before running it

B Co. Nato Ops Mission 1V1c.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic thanks Cbit, will get it installed and try and get it tested over next few days, sadly back to work tomorrow for 6. :(

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI I'm working on a new version of "Huey Playground", a bit further from the populated coastline, taking off from a Helicopter base rather than an airfield, and some similar, but more fun challenges, more action.

I'm just waiting for the "embarking" option to be fixed because right now it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Great news Reflected.

BTW are you Reflected from IL2 1946? Im from SAS Bravo.

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

FYI I'm working on a new version of "Huey Playground", a bit further from the populated coastline, taking off from a Helicopter base rather than an airfield, and some similar, but more fun challenges, more action.

I'm just waiting for the "embarking" option to be fixed because right now it doesn't work.

Nice! :D

Huey playground v2 is ALMOST finished. You will take off from a cool looking helicopter base with AI traffic. There is a lot more action, you can pick up troops from a hot LZ, or support an all out attack on an NVA base on top of a hill with slicks landing all around. All this spiced up with some original Vietnam war radio chatter. Super immersive! I really can't wait to show it to you guys, I only need the embarking feature to be fixed by ED.

I've just released a whole bunch of my 'Interesting Missions' for the Huey, you can read about them here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2983010#post2983010

Nice you got round to some chopper missions thanks:)

Huey playground v2 is ALMOST finished. You will take off from a cool looking helicopter base with AI traffic. There is a lot more action, you can pick up troops from a hot LZ, or support an all out attack on an NVA base on top of a hill with slicks landing all around. All this spiced up with some original Vietnam war radio chatter. Super immersive! I really can't wait to show it to you guys, I only need the embarking feature to be fixed by ED.

I strongly recommend CTLD for troop transport. If you would like to try it and need assistance I will be happy to help:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Reflected I'll give that a try over the weekend. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Cibit, I'm a Noob and just last week I purchased the Huey (it included the Nevada map, great buy!)

I have a question or ten about your download suggestions for Noobs a few messages up, I downloaded the Hover practice thing, as I'm in desperate need of help with my hovering, or lack thereoff, I tried tu use it with the Nevada map but I can't find the Hoover mission there. Do I need to use it with World 1.5 only? Not with World 2?

Thanks for your help with this!!!

Cuco

San Juan, PR

It may be a DCS 1.5 only mission. You'll have to activate Huey in the 1.5 instance (separate from NTTR based 2.x DCS)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Cibit, I'm a Noob and just last week I purchased the Huey (it included the Nevada map, great buy!)

I have a question or ten about your download suggestions for Noobs a few messages up, I downloaded the Hover practice thing, as I'm in desperate need of help with my hovering, or lack thereoff, I tried tu use it with the Nevada map but I can't find the Hoover mission there. Do I need to use it with World 1.5 only? Not with World 2?

Thanks for your help with this!!!

Cuco

San Juan, PR

I am sorry the mission is for the Caucasus map, DCSW 1.5 and not NTTR DCSW 2.0

But just practice, you can watch the track of yourself back and see if there are any thing you can do better. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your replies, hansang and Cibit. As you said, the training missions were for 1.5, but at least I'm using them and trying to learn.

I'm sure at some time in the near future, somebody will come up with training missions for 2.4 or whatever it is now.

Thank you gents, much obliged.

Cuco

San Juan, PR