Broken radio's or error code 40

Sim Flyer

Hey everyone

I am pretty new in mission building but yesterday i tried to build a traning misison for our squadron for A-A refueling.

I put in the mirage as client, set in a IL78 following waypoints, saved it and started an MP server with this mission, when we entered the server and unpaused the game the radios did not work, when pressing the radio button nothing happens (same radio button that works fine in other MP servers like Open Conflict and 104th server), for some members it helped to respawn into another plane but even then from time to time it stopped working for them.

Is this a bug in the game or is it an error code 40 (the error is about 40 cm from the screen) :helpsmilie::cry::pilotfly::joystick:

Is Easy comms selected or activated? If so, every comunication is to be done via #-key

On a english keyboard it should be \

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I am not sure this have anything to do with easy comms, i never got my radio to work but one of our members respawned into another plane, then the comms menu was working but if he closed the comms menu then he couldnt get it back out again. All that happens when we press the comms menu is that we get a mouse cursor and when i got to external view i am also unable of moving the view around with the mouse.

Edit: Ofcourse i will have to check this when i get home from work so i can really sure

I am not sure this have anything to do with easy comms, i never got my radio to work but one of our members respawned into another plane, then the comms menu was working but if he closed the comms menu then he couldnt get it back out again. All that happens when we press the comms menu is that we get a mouse cursor and when i got to external view i am also unable of moving the view around with the mouse.

Edit: Ofcourse i will have to check this when i get home from work so i can really sure

Sounds like the comms menu " \ " key is intercepted by another application, maybe? It sounds as if it shifts focus from the mouse to another window/application, which is in the background.

Just an idea to check.

Maybe a TrackIR hotkey? Default TrackIR intercepts F12(center), F9(pause) and F7(precision).

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have done some more testing now and what really makes me confused is when i make the mission and test it out in SP then it works fine but as soon as i try the misison in MP then the radios does not work and it was the same for all of us (6 people flying the mission had the same problem, where they have no problems with the radios when they are flying on other servers).