Recommend your Best x52 set up for Rift and DCS

redmantab

Just took the plunge and am living dcs world so far.

I have the x52 and have used it frequently in other Sims.

For dcs, I have Google countless times... So please don't scold me for asking....i need help with...

1 - Typically, do I want every action in DCS bound to my x52 so I don't have to use my keyboard while using the rift? Should I bind everything in training to x52 even ship lights, landing gear, navigation options, closing the canopy etc.?

2 - if so, where can I find a pre set profile? . I searched these forums and found a profile for the su27t (or whatever that training module jet we use built into the training module is) and it doesn't seem to work in dcs. Not sure where to put it, if I use the profile in game or just an x52 profile to get it all working. I have found zero setup guides.

3 - what is the fastest way to get my x52 up and running for dcs? Link to a guide or explanation would help.

Thank you!

Hi,

I find the best approach for me is to bind the keys into the game settings not via saitek software.

What I usualy do is binding the obvious ones first like throttle pitch/yaw/roll and then start learning the aircraft systems etc.. and bind the keys meanwhile so you can prioritize them when you know how often you will use them. Also I m cheking what is on the hotas in the real aircraft.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, that's good to know. I wish that when binding the keys to my x52 in game that I could just tap the button and it would "take effect." Instead, it has the name of each button which I have no clue about and makes it very tedious.

Any advice on that?

Also, can you point me to a place to go to just download a profile for these in game settings so I don't take forever custom setting it up with keys that have names that I don't even know what they are on my x52 without extensive research? There is nothing i can find with google.

Well I never used someone else's configuration but I believe there should be somwhere in the forum. But trust me it is better for you to bind the keys it is easier to build muscle memory.

What I was doing is while doing the training missions when he says "press space to fire your weapons" go to control settings and hit space, this will select the correspond contrlols and you can then select saitek x52 column and bind it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I never used someone else's configuration but I believe there should be somwhere in the forum. But trust me it is better for you to bind the keys it is easier to build muscle memory.

What I was doing is while doing the training missions when he says "press space to fire your weapons" go to control settings and hit space, this will select the correspond contrlols and you can then select saitek x52 column and bind it.

Many thanks! Will do