AI cheating behavior. Taking all the fun out.

It's not about how big ED is, but their focus on releasing new stuff while there is too many old things that needs to be fixed/improved.

^^ This ^^

We all know that ED has to make money by releasing new stuff in order to have the proper revenue to fix the old stuff. However, the existing software is becoming unusable as anything more than just a fly-around-look-at-stuff simulator and not the COMBAT simulator it reports to be.

Do we really need cows?

New stuff? How about instead of a new aircraft ED releases a new "AI" module with intelligent ATC, AWACS, JTAC, a realistic NPC AI, carrier ops, JESTER AI, CIV air traffic, and a living breathing dynamic battle environment and campaigns?

I'd pay $70 for that.

To help funding the improvements for DCS World ED could go to a subscription model like iRacing. Want to fly? Pay 10 usd per month and get access to Mac and Caucasus. All other modules a one time payment, but can only be used with an active subscription.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Tintifaxl that idea would lead to an immediate uninstall of DCS World by me. You want us to pay 70 dollars to own a module and then 10 more to have the ‘right’ to play it!! You really have nothing else to spent your money on then you can always donate to me.

Yes, I can understand that. But how else could ED finance improvements for DCS World?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Or we could enjoy DCS for what it really is-a study-level simulator with stunning graphics , true-to -life flight models , an amazing damage model (at least for flyable aircraft) and a limited ability to blow things uo :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yes, I can understand that. But how else could ED finance improvements for DCS World?

I agree. In the long run, nobody can support complex software like this open-ended without a revenue stream that supports the maintenance. I know it's not a popular idea, but such is life.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'd drop the subscription model like a hot rock , but would be willing to pay for a dynamic campaign module , or an advanced AI module as described above .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I will personally pay 500 euros for dynamic campaing system. (even simple)

And 100euros for even basic AI update (just default settings adjusted to task)

WHY ???? says somebody in backrow..

Me: Because this great sim would be 100x better for coop mp if AI wont be total idiot. And campaign would be nice bonus.

NINELINE@

Default AI settings are not good:

-AI helos try to enage fighters , they hover in high alt.

-AI CAS planes go blindly against deadly threats

-AI fighters target helos far away even when there is dangerous enemy fighters coming nearby

And list goes on.

And FUN part:

All this can fixed 80% by adjusting advanced options

Please get this to devs , would make generated missions easily more usable :)

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

This thread needs to stay at the top of this forum. Please ED put some love into AI. They can't even take off/land at the same airport at the same time. One airplane arriving at an airport with another taxiing around, causes go-arounds. Trying to simulate a recovery phase operation looks silly.

• 9 months later...
This thread needs to stay at the top of this forum. Please ED put some love into AI. They can't even take off/land at the same airport at the same time. One airplane arriving at an airport with another taxiing around, causes go-arounds. Trying to simulate a recovery phase operation looks silly.

I just read this thread after posting another one in the wishlist section.

HOW can this still be ignored? It's been acknowledged for several years. We haven't seen a single wiff about this in the news letters or anything. Ed please stop stalling and go ahead with changing this. It absolutely destroys this sim having our opponents behaving like this. Look at bms, that's the minimum level we should expect.