Looking for flight training resources

ShuRugal

So, I realize that this might be a bit of a long shot, but nothing ventured etc...

I will be separating from the Army in January, and I would like to find a way to use my GI Bill to obtain flight training, with the goal of earning a rotary wing commercial rating. I was wondering if there was anyone in the community who could help me locate a good school to attend which has a relationship with the VA and is approved for GI Bill benefits. Ideally I would like to find something in Virginia, which is my home state.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long. I'm just now seeing this. I'd be very wary about doing civilian rotor, unless you flew in the mil. There's no pipeline to getting the hours necessary to meeting insurance requirements to be able to get a job. A lot of places will tell you that you'll be able to start flying after you get your commercial but it isn't true. You'll need a lot more total time and time in type. It's much different on the fixed wing side and there is a pipeline, even though it's long, to getting yourself to a good paying job.

Either way, to use your GI Bill, and I'm assuming you want to use the Post 9/11 GI Bill since it not only pays 100% of your school but gives you BAH, you need to go to a FAR 141 school and not a part 61. 141 just means it has an approved training syllabus and are always more expensive but since its covered in the Post 9/11, it doesn't matter.

You're welcome to pm me with questions. Again, be wary about civilian helicopter schools. I know a lot of people that thought they'd be working after their commercial only to be stuck with a rating that they couldn't do anything with.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals