FM in 1.5.5

BadHabit

Had some free time to fly the mig after the update to notice that the FM is once again changed and not and inch to the good side.

Apart from over sensitive control surfaces and some other innacuraties that I am not qualified to comment on. The worst is the wing rocking behaviour that is implemented verly poorly. At 750km, medium alt perfoming a right hard sustained turn about 6g's, I progressivly let the AOA climp to critical and then the AC starts stalling violently. First the wing stalls, then the left wing stalls, the up,left then hard right then hard left again whilst no physics are taken in mind. Unaturall and weirdy akward style. I can't provide a track or post a acmi log. Just anyone interested try to replicate this: At 750km, medium alt perfoming a right hard sustained turn about 6g's, I progressivly let the AOA climp to critical, dont push the stick to stall it let it reach the critical AOA.

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I am not sure if i have noticed the CAOA at that speed around 3000m with a sustained turn @6g's , are you in a clean config ?. I do have a lot of wobbling during approach but that could be due to my stick extension.

But i will try it tonight on the VA Server.

About the FM i think she flies better ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

I like the FM, it matches some of the reports I've heard about the fishbed's unhappiness at high AoA. Particularly how she "violently departs" if there's sideslip in certain conditions.

If you carefully load the aircraft and keep it straight it will stall just like before. If you don't stop the roll before pulling things get nasty, quickly. Manipulate one axis at a time.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I have ni problem handling the aircraft. I try to.represent the weird physics involving in the stall flight regime of particullary the right wing in the conditions I gave above. The plane is acting like a kyte in a thunderstorm bashing around invisible walls. Its ridiculous. My installation is pure and vanilla the tests are made on vague missions. I use curves like before and like every ac i own.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

I have ni problem handling the aircraft. I try to.represent the weird physics involving in the stall flight regime of particullary the right wing in the conditions I gave above. The plane is acting like a kyte in a thunderstorm bashing around invisible walls. Its ridiculous. My installation is pure and vanilla the tests are made on vague missions. I use curves like before and like every ac i own.

Dont make me "Ni" you again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Have to admit with BadHabit here. Although I applaud various rolling effects being introduced in late 5.4 and current 5.5 versions (compared to 5.3, which didn't drop wing, even during spins), the departure during right turn is very violent and doesn't quite fit 8+ ton airframe ("kite in the thunderstorm" is a good comparison). What's more puzzling is the fact that it only happens in right turns, no similar effect in left ones at all (?)

I wonder if it's related to another intermittent effect I've noticed in the form of the plane slowly rolling to the right by itself (with a rate of ~1 degree per 3-4 seconds), with all controls perfectly centered (and controllers well calibrated). I still haven't narrowed down exact conditions when that happens, but it sure is questionable. I remember some users reporting this effect back in the times of 1.2.x with certain loadouts, maybe it's back again?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I've noticed the slow right roll to be present in nearly all flight regimes, it's just more noticeable in some conditions.

But yes, the roll reversals are obviously exaggerated sometimes. I'll have to get around to making a quick video on it at some point.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I've never had rolling to the right unless I had asymmetrical load, even if it's just a case of less than full gun ammo load.

The last time I noticed the MiG rolling to the right was a few days ago on VA server, and it was because there was no gun ammo. Once I fully loaded the ammo, she was flying straight and level.

I've never had rolling to the right unless I had asymmetrical load, even if it's just a case of less than full gun ammo load.

The last time I noticed the MiG rolling to the right was a few days ago on VA server, and it was because there was no gun ammo. Once I fully loaded the ammo, she was flying straight and level.

I am on that server but they don't allow weapons hence I fly her in the default server config. Don't know if they do allow just loading them. Will check it up though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

This, I also notice this effect only when the gun ammo is empty or when I select 0 rounds in ME. Maybe the ammo stowage is off-center..

I've just done a short off-line flight in clean config. The results are inconclusive:

a) ammo full - between IAS of 650-700, trimmed for level flight, when the plane is centered or slightly banked to the right, it rolls right very slowly (a degree every few seconds). But when flying with a little bit of left bank, it starts rolling left, equally slowly.

b) fired all ammo away - now in the same conditions the effect got even worse indeed, with right roll reaching figures of 1 degree/sec.

Ammo storage is off-center indeed, but not THAT off-center, as seen on the schematic below. The whole supply is located in the fuselage, the ammo box is on the left (12 & 6), while the belt goes through the feeding chute around the engine on the right (1) and empty links go back to the links box on the left (7). Would the ammo weight differences have such a noticeable impact on lateral stability of the plane? Don't know, but If it did, I'd expect it to be mentioned in the real manual of the plane.

019.thumb.jpg.a7a6af5831c3fe6b680bbb2c39623a37.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Tied the sustained turn at around 12000 ft AGL , what I noticed is she spins on the right wing and I don't think this was there b4.

But I could not maintain the sustained turn because my joystick roll is very sensitive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Try not to roll in the turn. It's a hard right bank turn. 90 degress roll to the side start pulling to 6g's sustained turn. Roll neutral (well I did some small corrections to try and keep the ac level) and entry speed about 700-750 at about 3-5 km alt.

EDIT: Ok just runed some more tests. I failed to reproduce the bug at medium alts. So I switched to lower alts and I provide you all with my trk file. It works fine from my side and should solve questions. Plus in the start you will see me staring at the throtle quartant cause I noticed that the lever is at 3/4 of MilPower but the RPM is full and AB engaged. Just a small notice.

Edited by BadHabit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Well will it later again. I am not sure what curves should I be setting for Pitch / Roll as i have a 2 feet extended stick. If I don't set the curves maybe I will pull too much on that turn.

My curves for pitch in the test is 10 and 45 for roll. Pitch seems to not need curves, curves made pitch movement very unstable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

My curves for pitch in the test is 10 and 45 for roll. Pitch seems to not need curves, curves made pitch movement very unstable.

Yes the pitch not needing any curves I have noticed. But my problem is set any curves for the roll then either she is hypersensitive above 700 km/h or she hypersensitive on approach and landing. I am still trying to find the roll curve balance. Surely can try with 45 for roll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Yeah In the trk you can see that I even blacked out. The stall and spin entrys are correct I believe, the revocery "animation" is the problem, just to be clear. I am not saying it should not stall or how it should stall. I am commenting at the bashing us I keep the elevator full deflection at the stall and after I put it at neutrall to let her stabilize.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52