Mi-8 Gunner Controls

• ED Team
Did anyone else notice "gunner controls" suddenly appearing in the Controls menu with 1.5.5? It's right next to Mi-8 Sim and Mi-8 Game controls. There's also an option to jump into gunner's seat by pressing "4", but it's not working.

because this function is still under development. But soon you will be able to try!

Gunner? The door gunner or the aft gunner with 12.7mm? Or the flight engineer firing gun from cockpit?

Or even using the AGS-17A or AGS-30?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Nose, port, starboard and rear gunner would be pig damn SUPERB!

But probably as looney says. Port and Rear gunner.

Still, I can prey that belsimtek will transform this incredible module into a nasty and Vicious troop carrier!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

because this function is still under development. But soon you will be able to try!

Pilot, that is great news! :thumbup: I've been waiting for this for 3 years. :pilotfly: If I ever come to Moscow are you the person to turn to for a flight in a Mi-8? ;)

Imagine a side door Dushka and a rear mounted KORD or NSV:thumbup:

A Nasty tool out both sides... oh my!

I would hurt myself if such a monstrous thing became reality! :devil:

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I will get an olive branch in which I will hurt myself if such a monstrosity becomes reality. :D

• ED Team
I hope Mi-8 has all the gunners available to use. It will be a much better module than it already is.

Two gunners will be available:

- door gunner with KORD 12.7-mm

- aft gunner with PKT 7.62-mm

Both controls by AI. But door gunner has the ability to be controlled by the player

P.S. Nose gunner (nose PKT) was not develop (little use in the game, but a lot of costs and worsens visibility of the ground for player during landing)

Edited by PilotMi8
  • Like 1