Thrustmaster TWCS

Just ordered this baby, as my faithful G940 throttle is finally giving up the ghost.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/twcs-throttle

I'll let ya'll know what it's like. Release in 2 days. :pilotfly:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Already have one. I picked it up at Fry's Electronics. So far pretty good. One thing I did notice is that the slider can tend to stick slightly if you rest your hand to heavily on the handle. Lift up and it slides nice and smooth.

Lots of nice four-way buttons and a full 8-way hat switch, but limited number of single buttons. However, two nice touches are a mini-joystick (x-y axis) and two extra axis ("rudder" axis and rotary non-centering input) to boot.

Build quality seems around the same as the HOTAS X flight control system.

Highspeed

Right - thanks for that. At 01:00 this morning, Amazon were still saying it would be delivered today (it was even shown as in stock), but at 9am they changed it to "not coming, don't know when it will" so I have cancelled.

I'll look for it elsewhere.

EDIT: Seems you can't get it anywhere in the UK at the moment, and I've been waiting for this. So I've splashed out and ordered a CH Pro throttle instead. SWMBO is unhappy, but there ya go.

Edited by Brixmis
update

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Right - thanks for that. At 01:00 this morning, Amazon were still saying it would be delivered today (it was even shown as in stock), but at 9am they changed it to "not coming, don't know when it will" so I have cancelled.

I'll look for it elsewhere.

EDIT: Seems you can't get it anywhere in the UK at the moment, and I've been waiting for this. So I've splashed out and ordered a CH Pro throttle instead. SWMBO is unhappy, but there ya go.

Best choice Ever, CH Pro throttle is one of the best! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Alright, got it. Amazon kept delaying and delaying my order so I bought elsewhere. It's what I expected for the price. Not premium quality but works. The main axis isn't exactly smooth as butter, but it has a long throw, so you can be accurate despite of it. I'm upgrading from a Saitek Throttle Quadrant and I can be definitely more precise with the new throttle. The pinky axis is actually pretty great - some reviewers weren't too impressed with it, but I like it a lot. The rudder axis works well, but because of the small range, it's hard to be accurate (as in helicopter-flying-accurate) with it... but maybe it's just me and my lack of experience with it. I may use one paddle as a Russian style break lever with some curve magic.

The buttons and hats are a little flimsy but work alright.

The overall ergonomics is ok, although it's a BIG throttle. I have pretty big hands and I can't reach the thumb button and the two front buttons easily without moving my hands.

Thanks for the quick review :thumbup:

Best choice Ever, CH Pro throttle is one of the best! thumbup.gif

I like it - and the programming software is simple but does the job well. My only beef so far is being unable to tell the position of the throttle from feel alone. It could do with having a bit more friction on the slide, too, but I might just stick something in there to tighten it up a bit.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle can be used with a joystick of a different brand, or something other that the T.16000M FCS?

You can use it with whatever you want, but to use it with TARGET it only works with any combination (combined controller limited to 8 axes):

Cougar (/FCS pedals)

Warthog

T16000m

MFD panels

Best choice Ever, CH Pro throttle is one of the best! :thumbup:

ch throttles have serious axis spiking problem. i changed the pot. meter, problem still occurs sometimes

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Seems that in the past people don't use advanced programs to test joysticks (JoyTester2, VKB JoyTester...), and that Manager mask/filter(?) pot' spikes. :)

Brand new throttle:

BTW - Although their electronics is outdated, their construction/durability, occurrence of broken parts (like... you know), is probable the best on the market.

Edited by Sokol1_br

yeah i have been using complete ch set for a few years and i haven't seen any major problem

although they are made of plastic, they are rock solid.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Does anyone know if the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle can be used with a joystick of a different brand, or something other that the T.16000M FCS?

I use mine with a Saitek cyborg evo force feedback joystick and CH rudder pedals and it all works together great.

I think the new Thrustmaster TWCS throttle is very good indeed. The long throttle travel is great for precision control of aircraft engine power, particularly with WWII piston engine warbirds. Because I use CH rudder pedals I don't need to use the integrated 'paddle' to control the rudder and find that the 'paddle' works great for wheel brakes. Assigning the 'paddle' for wheel brakes is particularly helpful with the Spitfire for landing and taxi.

The TWCS throttle has very much helped my aircraft handling and general flying ability. I would much rather use the TWCS throttle over more expensive throttle systems.

I highly recommend the TWCS throttle. I use it almost every day for 3, 4 and sometimes 5 hours at a time and think it is good quality and very good value for money.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

can paddle be used as speed brakes for both a-10c (as an axis) and fc3 planes (as buttons)

Youtube

I like it - and the programming software is simple but does the job well. My only beef so far is being unable to tell the position of the throttle from feel alone. It could do with having a bit more friction on the slide, too, but I might just stick something in there to tighten it up a bit.

Yeap CH Manager is great.

I feel the position of the throttle touchin with a finger the border of the throttle lever at the base.

ch throttles have serious axis spiking problem. i changed the pot. meter, problem still occurs sometimes

I read that it's a problem with the quality of the current provided by the motherboard to the USB port.

I found a script very useful in reddit, it's a filter. With it added in your profile, spikes dissapear.

Remove all jitter from your CH products with this script.

can paddle be used as speed brakes for both a-10c (as an axis) and fc3 planes (as buttons)

Possibly yes (modify axis in DCS control settings), but you would need to hold them on, which I would not want to do, so I would not recommend the paddle for speed brake use. I use on/off buttons for speed brakes.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png