HTC Vive Support

SnyperKill

When does ED plan on giving the HTC Vive owner some love. I keep seeing fixing Oculus rift this a that.

Right now, DCS World 2.0 is unplayable due to the VR ZOOM that does not work with the Vive at all. Tried every thing to get it to work. Also, you cant even assign VR ZOOM to a axis. WTF REALLY, how about fixing this. It should be simple to do. I bought the VIVE and Video card mainly so I could play this game. Its a awesome game and I have spent a good deal of money on it. But this lack of support is upsetting. Steam shows this game Vive and Oculus ready, when really, it is still filled with bugs.

Dont get me wrong, I love this game. I want to play it with my new Vive so very badly, but at its current state, thats a no go without that VR Zoom function!!

Hello,

Normale with the vive you shoud be able to reset the HMD poisition in any game simply by pressing the Lowest button on the Vive controller to bring up the steam vr dashboard in the headset, toen goto VR settings and choose RESET SEAT POSITION

Worked in all games I tested.

(Didnt really test it yet in DCS....so have a go :)

Did you guys tried to press KP_5 ? It does reset the seat position,at least for me on vive.

Also , read this excellent post for better seat adjustment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

About the vive zoom support, I´m not sure but I think zoom is a feature that needs support from the vive itself and can not be implemented by ed at this moment as opposite in oculus that does support this.

Fly and let fly

Did you guys tried to press KP_5 ? It does reset the seat position,at least for me on vive.

Also , read this excellent post for better seat adjustment.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

About the vive zoom support, I´m not sure but I think zoom is a feature that needs support from the vive itself and can not be implemented by ed at this moment as opposite in oculus that does support this.

You may be correct about HTC having to support this, but doesn't it make since that ED make this work. All they would have to do is let the VR zoom be allowed to be set as a axis function, have it alter where the HMD was located in game, of have the game report that the HMD had move forward even if the HMD didn't more an inch.

No, I have tinkered with a little programming, this is easily said then it is done with programming it into the game. But they should be able to piggyback onto how they got the Oculus Rift to work. I know they are completely different headsets, but some of the programming has to have some similarities.

I like that we have people in here that are giving suggestions to see if theirs may work. I truly thank all of you. But lets not give up on this. Lets continue to work on this as a team and maybe we can solve this for ED ourselves.