Engine start-up doesnt work?

MAD-MM

After latest Patch clutch starter changed to little bit more realistic I assume, the engine now rotate much heavier on the starter.

After this I Have insane Problems to get Engine starting up, before start up I Pump at least with Primer Pump 20 Times, I got the engine first after 5-6 try on running.

Have any one this Problems?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

20? Whoa, too much priming will flood every engine. Try less? I just fired up cold start mission, then replayed it and in both cases the engine caught on first attempt. I used 6 and 8 strokes of prime, by the way.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

i have no problems with priming 20 times at all....strangely...since the patch, i had this problem only once, and on second try the engine started immediately...priming only 3times sounds very little...i appear to get trouble when i prime less then 10times online...and you notice that the more you prime, the more easily the spinner catches...

For Clearance was starting previous only with 6-8 Times normal to get the Fuel Pressure up, but was not running at all then I go for more and more Prime.

Today start Repair the game, no it working as intended possible something buggy from updating to 1.55.

The Engine is Running even now after only 3 times that's sounds really a bit less.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I usually prime 0 times and it always starts...:)

Don't let go of the inertial clutch too soon, even if it seems like the prop is going to stop. Often (especially after the last patch) it will catch just when its getting very slow.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I read in a real pilot report (DB 605A) of priming 3 times. 20 strokes priming will likely flood the cylinders and is not a good idea in my oppinion. You also need to open the throttle a significant amount (~1/3rd) and as DefaultFace said hold the inertial clutch pressed long enough, then it usually works on the first try for me.

The original Bf 109 E manual says 2-3 strokes priming, in cold weather conditions 4-5 strokes. For a warm engine only 1-2 strokes. This is for a DB 601, though from what I have read nothing changed to the later models.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I read in a real pilot report (DB 605A) of priming 3 times. 20 strokes priming will likely flood the cylinders and is not a good idea in my oppinion. You also need to open the throttle a significant amount (~1/3rd) and as DefaultFace said hold the inertial clutch pressed long enough, then it usually works on the first try for me.

The original Bf 109 E manual says 2-3 strokes priming, in cold weather conditions 4-5 strokes. For a warm engine only 1-2 strokes. This is for a DB 601, though from what I have read nothing changed to the later models.

Finnish G6 manual says 0-15 strokes (mechanic would advice exact number), this video (G2) says "half dozen":

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well thats interesting. The german G-2 manual (March 43) says 4-6 strokes in cold weather conditions. Does it say something about the temperature for the finnish recommendations?

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Well thats interesting. The german G-2 manual (March 43) says 4-6 strokes in cold weather conditions. Does it say something about the temperature for the finnish recommendations?

No, i guess mechanic would advice exact number depenging on temperature.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ask again another question, after 109 use Fuel direct injection that is driven by Engine did the Pump actually Prime the Engine or did you only pump up a recommend Fuel Pressure?

After the Germans use direct Injection not sure about this?

Edited by MAD-MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27