AIM-9 and Mirage?

Valium

Hi.

I watched this video, it was uploaded 11 months ago.

My question is - does it still possible to use AIM-9 in Mirage?

That was a mod that was used when the Magic II was bugged and more or less useless.

But the Magic II (and the Super 530) have been fixed so there was no longer a need for the mod,

And i dont think the mod works anymore after more changes to the module (including more advanced weapon management etc)

I tried to edit .lua file and add AIM-9 using commands from the other folder but it doesn't work.

Yes, Magic II works better now but I wondered if it's possible to add and use some MICA missiles.

As a modder myself I can report that the AIM-9, or any missile that the Mirage did not come with can no longer work, due to changes in the binaries and how the PCA interfaces with weapons in the sim. There may be some very complex way to make it happen, but I personally do not know of any way.

Ok, thank you for response.

How do you think, if some weapons will be added in the future?

That's pity. In wikipedia is writen:

'Upgrades includes the addition of the Non-Cooperative Target Recognition (NCTR) mode to the RDI Radar to allow identification of airborne targets not responding on identification friend or foe (IFF), integration for the Matra MICA IR heat-seeking missile, and the ability to carry air-to-ground stores such as Matra 68 mm rocket pods (18 each), Mk 80 series or French 250, 400, and 1000 kg iron bombs, and cluster bombs such as the Belouga or non-French models. Some variants, especially those equipped with the RDM radar (mainly used in export models) have the capability to use the Exocet anti-ship missile. Also, Indian Mirage 2000s have been integrated to carry the Russian R-73AE Archer missile and the indigenous Indian built Astra missile.'

Yeah, Wikipedia is not always reliable. It's even plain wrong on this particular thing. I edited the article.

MICA IR is planned as an upgrade on the 2000D variant, which is to be kept on inventory for years to come, along with Rafales, while the Magic II are becoming obsolete (both in technique and in lifetime of the built missiles).

As of 2016, MICA are only available on the 2000-5 and later variants, and on the Rafale.

It was never planned (except perhaps in "what if" marketing/booze nights) on the 2000C.

spacer.png