Mission 1 : Flight do not start up

CNETRO

Hi,

I tried to begin the campaign. I tried the first mission four times, but my flight did not start up so I could have clearance to taxi and begin the mission.

thx

EDIT : tried to uninstall twice, doesn't work for me. tried full start up before asking to ATC on VHF and UHF, none worked.

Waiting for the fix ....

Edited by CNETRO

ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E, i7-7820X, DDR4-64 Go (2660 MHz), 2 x TITAN Xp (SLI), SSD M-2 960 EVO 1 To, Win10 Pro 64

I have seen several AI issues (not specific to this campaign) since the update to 1.5.5:

AI not starting up, holding short of the runway and not taking off, crashing into each other during taxi and so on...

Probably all stuff for ED to figure out and fix.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• ED Team
;2953682']Still no luck for me in 1.5.5, asked for clearance and got it. No start up for the wing.

:doh:

try this

Ok

Made some progress, on the internal builds we were not able to reproduce.

So I removed the campaign using the module manager, from both my beta and release versions.

I then used the module manager to download it again making sure it was not being copied from a local source and the AI not starting issue is fixed for me.

I have no idea what is going on, but it is working for me again.

Hope it helps you guys.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Exact same problem here. Tried the uninstall / reinstall as well. I'm on the Steam version if that matters.

Please try this

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor

rename the missioneditor folder ( keep it as a back up for now )

restart dcs and retry

let me know if it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please try this

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor

rename the missioneditor folder ( keep it as a back up for now )

restart dcs and retry

let me know if it helps

I renamed MissionEditor to MissionEditorBAK, and no change. The flight simply won't start their engines. I also requested startup from ATC before anything else, and I'm using HOTAS Mic Fwd to talk to them.

BigNewy,

Tried the uninstall of the campaign, and renaming mission editor folder. AI aircraft at mission start do not have engines started, and do not start engines, thus will not taxi.

UPDATE:

Disregard last, I got the wingman working in Mission 01. I called ATC for startup clearance and the AI began to startup. Went airborne and they answered radio calls. Confirmed using easy comms and non-easy comms options.

Edited by Ranger79

BigNewy,

Tried the uninstall of the campaign, and renaming mission editor folder. AI aircraft at mission start do not have engines started, and do not start engines, thus will not taxi.

UPDATE:

Disregard last, I got the wingman working in Mission 01. I called ATC for startup clearance and the AI started began to startup. Confirmed using easy comms and non-easy comms options.

I have tried EVERYTHING and they still won't start their engines. From everything I've read they're supposed to start their engines when you request engine startup. (Kutaisi is giving me permission to startup)

I have tried EVERYTHING and they still won't start their engines. From everything I've read they're supposed to start their engines when you request engine startup. (Kutaisi is giving me permission to startup)

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the campaign from the module manager?

Yes, I did that last night, but I'll try it again now. I have the Steam and stand alone versions, so can work with either for testing. Also both are on 1.5.5

Roger that, let me know if it is still not working for ya. I have asked the test team to take a look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Edited by Ranger79

Ok, no dice with the standalone version with a fresh uninstall / reinstall of the campaign, and the MissionEditor folder renamed. I'm doing just the APU to power the radio, requesting startup, they acknowledge ok to startup, and then the wing never starts their engines. They're just sitting there with their wing lights blinking.

Roger that, let me know if it is still not working for ya. I have asked the test team to take a look.

Ok, try a full start, and request start up, see if they begin to start engines.

Ok, no dice with the standalone version with a fresh uninstall / reinstall of the campaign, and the MissionEditor folder renamed. I'm doing just the APU to power the radio, requesting startup, they acknowledge ok to startup, and then the wing never starts their engines. They're just sitting there with their wing lights blinking.

Ok, try a full start, and request start up, see if they begin to start engines.

Ok, that's REALLY weird. I didn't talk to them at all and this time they started their engines. I actually shot a video of it in case it proves to be useful.

Thanks for your help, your work on this is nothing short of AMAZING!

Thanks Scope, appreciate the support. We are still working out a few bugs regarding helos not properly landing, but hopefully that will be fixed soon in an upcoming patch.

Thanks Scope, appreciate the support. We are still working out a few bugs regarding helos not properly landing, but hopefully that will be fixed soon in an upcoming patch.

In case anyone else runs into this bug, here's the video I shot of the startup sequence. Should be done processing in a few minutes:

(actually made it to the end once I finally got them to start their engines)

YAEDhKm.png

Edited by Scope666

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws now but is timing an issue? Are you required to ask for clearance after you are briefed on the frequencies?

Claw,

I usually engage APU, Battery, etc and then ask for start up. Once cleared begin startup, the AI flight members should also begin startup. You do not have to wait for the frequencies radio call. The tower freq is also listed in your mission brief for easy reference.

Claw,

I usually engage APU, Battery, etc and then ask for start up. Once cleared begin startup, the AI flight members should also begin startup. You do not have to wait for the frequencies radio call. The tower freq is also listed in your mission brief for easy reference.

For me in mission 1 the wing wouldn't start their engines if I asked for startup permission 1st. The one time I had my engines fully running before asking was the time the wing started their engines. Very strange ED bugs I believe.

Claw,

You're right of course. Just getting frustrated because for now the behaviour of the flight is completely erratic for me. I can't figure out why they start up one time and refuse to the other time.

Hi Ranger79,

First, I wanna thank you for the effort bring all this together for us. It's fantastic!!

As for me, in mission 1 the wingmen doesn't start their engines, even with the my engines fully running before I call for clearence, as stated above, with a fresh install and renaming of the folder...

I'm with the 1.5.5 version on Steam.

Further infos:

-Got no answer when calling for taxi (on the right freq!!), but as soon I start taxi, I get a clearance to, but short time after, few secs, get a "unable to taxi";

-When holding short of rwy, and cleared to T/Off, after start the T/Off run get a "unable T/Off;

-Whiplash-1 does not describes FOB Suse (FOB Suse doesn't trigger), but it does all the others;

-When RTB and call inbound, get a answer "divert to Alternate", with no aparent reason to...

Thanks in advance

Edited by MROK73