EP warning light & audio alerts

ZHeN

Now in 1.5.5 I'm getting this EP warning light each time I'm coldstarting the mirage

what is the meaning of it ?

and second question - where did most of the audio alerts go ? like an alert when a handbrake is on or FBW set to wrong config ...

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where do I find this switch ?

It's the one directly above the audio warnings switch. Auto-start puts it in the top position, it's supposed to be middle.

• Like 1

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

well, auto-start is a thing that you use when you want to speed up the process

and obviously if you're aligning your INS, you're not in a hurry and can start everything up by yourself

I use auto-start only in MP, with my "INS always aligned" option ON

I wouldn't even think of using it in a single player with full realism

I could understand adding the PCN switch to NAV position to the auto-start, but not the GPU and alignment ...

Also IFF switch to ON position.

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So how do the people who don't start with "INS always aligned" option on get their INS aligned when they use auto start ZHeN?

No one suggested that auto start should also be quick start, so it is still an essential part of the start up - if you want to find your way from point A to point B - something most people would consider essential, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe what you should be asking for is a way to identify if the INS has been aligned by cheats as part of the start up process, and skips the INS alignment.

Better still would be a test that makes all such cheats fail the IC check on logging in to multiplayer sessions, so you can't get away with it. Not that auto starting is much better in multiplayer environments!

So how do the people who don't start with "INS always aligned" option on get their INS aligned when they use auto start ZHeN?

if they're going to align for 8 minutes, why would they want to do auto start ?

No one suggested that auto start should also be quick start

no one did, but I guessed it was obvious ...

so it is still an essential part of the start up - if you want to find your way from point A to point B - something most people would consider essential, wouldn't you agree?

auto-start essential ? for finding way from point A to point B ? ehmmm....

Maybe what you should be asking for is a way to identify if the INS has been aligned by cheats as part of the start up process, and skips the INS alignment.

I wouldn't call "INS always aligned" option a cheat. After all real pilots get into a fully prepared and aligned airplane IRL. Preparations are performed by groundcrew.

Better still would be a test that makes all such cheats fail the IC check on logging in to multiplayer sessions, so you can't get away with it. Not that auto starting is much better in multiplayer environments!

??? :dunno:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, auto-start is a thing that you use when you want to speed up the process

Some people use it because they don't want to learn the process.

Some use it because they want to go make a drink or something while the computer automatically does the startup process, and come back to a jet that's ready to go.

Some just watch the auto-start process as a way of learning it for themselves.

I think very, very few people would expect the auto-start process to leave any of the aircraft systems in a suboptimal or non-functional state.

Some people use it because they don't want to learn the process.

Some use it because they want to go make a drink or something while the computer automatically does the startup process, and come back to a jet that's ready to go.

Some just watch the auto-start process as a way of learning it for themselves.

I think very, very few people would expect the auto-start process to leave any of the aircraft systems in a suboptimal or non-functional state.

okay, this is reasonable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't call "INS always aligned" option a cheat. After all real pilots get into a fully prepared and aligned airplane IRL. Preparations are performed by groundcrew.

??? :dunno:

You can do whatever you like, it's a "game". However I seriously doubt that INS alignment would be performed by ground crew.

In twin seat bomber Mirage it's NOSA's (WSO) job. In single seat it would still be the pilot's job. Navigation never is ground crew job.

The pilot is just doing others cockpit check procedures. Things we usually don't care in simulator.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi