Malvinas/Falklands Map

Veritech

Malvinas/Falklands Map  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Malvinas/Falklands Map

• Yes.
    • No.

We have the A-4 being developed by Hoggit, the Mirage III by RAZBAM as well as the Harrier. Even though those a/c versions are different by the ones employed in the conflict, would you like to have a map? Shouldn't be too complex as much of the Theatre would be the South Atlantic Ocean.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

I'll just quote what I said about this subject a few days ago in the VEAO forums:

That [the cancellation of the Falkland map by VEAO] would be pretty disapointing, especially since the Harrier and the Mirage III are in development :(

I love the Falklands scenario and I'm currently reading my 4th book about it, so a Falkland Map is very high in my map wishlist for DCS.:pilotfly:

It looks pretty good regarding aircraft. Harrier (although not a Sea Harrier) is in development, Mirage III is in development, Skyhawk is in development (as a mod) and the Pucara seems also possible: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166045&highlight=pucara

Just the map itself is missing now :(

So, yeah, I would buy a Falklands map for sure! :thumbup:

About the Sea Harrier:

In due time

About VEAO making the Falkland map:

All map development is on hold until we get the tools.

Yes Falklands was dropped as we're not developing the A4 or Harrier anymore.

We may re-visit it later once we get the tools but we have other priorities.

For now focus is on aircraft.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'll just quote what I said about this subject a few days ago in the VEAO forums:

So, yeah, I would buy a Falklands map for sure!

Unfortunately the Pucara has been bashed by the community. The version of the Mirage is not accurate as the MIIIEA, and the A-4 version in the works is far more advanced than the A-4B and A-4Q that the Air Force and Navy used respetively, but still, the basics are there :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately the Pucara has been bashed by the community. The version of the Mirage is not accurate as the MIIIEA, and the A-4 version in the works is far more advanced than the A-4B and A-4Q that the Air Force and Navy used respetively, but still, the basics are there :)

I was actually one of the guys who spoke against the Pucara, because I dislike trainers in general and it's not an aircraft I would want to fly :music_whistling:

The other aircraft would still be fine, even if they are not the exact version used there.

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was actually one of the Pucara dislikers, because I dislike trainers in general. :music_whistling:

The other aircraft would still be fine, even if they are not the exact version used there.

Bro, the Pucara IS NOT a trainer, never was meant to be one, it was concieved as a COIN/Ground Attack aircraft since the beginning!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

He's probably thinking of the Tucano. F.I. Map from Today or 1982 though? In '82, there wasn't an airbase on the Island, and Port Stanley runway was 1200m at best, about Half the size of Lochini or Adler, and a lot of that was threshold. It was extended for a time, and the RAF managed to land Phantoms on it, so post conflict, Jet fighters might manage, but now looks like it is back to its original length. There are / were quite a few short grass / PSP strips, but that's all there was in 82 afaik. Of course, a modern map can have the nice shiny Mount Pleasant RAF Base, but where's the fun in that?

In any Case, it would HAVE to have the lovely little pad called Port San Carlos, where we operated our Chinook from. ;)

Edited by mkiii