MiG-21 - Turning radar on freezes the game

firmek

Turning the radar on for MiG-21 freezes the client. The problem appears on NEVADA in MP. It looks almost like a former bug with M2000C but is more severe as the client practically dies.

Freezes don't appear 100%, in some cases turning the radar on doesn't result in any problem. Still roughly 5-8/10 times the freeze is guaranteed.

The problem is critical as pretty much disables MiG-21 from MP on Nevada.

Few quick tests didn't show the problem on Nevada in SP. Further testing should be done as also I didn't check yet in 1.5.5.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Similar issue in 1.5.5. Usually causes server ping timeout or game crash.

It's been here for a while now due to something that changed in the core engine. (IIRC it has something to do with drawing ground clutter on the screen, in fixed beam or standby the issue never happens)

I have a feeling this will take a bit higher priority once the Viggen is out the door.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Thanks for the replay Mattebubben. I'll check in 1.5.5. If it works there then maybe the problem was already resolved and exists only in 2.x as it hasn't been updated for some time.

EDIT: I've checked in 1.5.5. Everything seems to be fine. It looks like that the problem exists only in NTTR.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all