Fuel Jettison

dresoccer4

hey guys, quick question: what does the "Fuel / MW Jettison" knob do? i pull it, look outside my plane and see liquid pouring from my plane. im like "oh no i've just emptied all of my tanks onto the runway!" i try to push the knob back in, but it won't even budge. i check out my fuel indicator...but it isn't moving hmm. then i check outside again and the liquid has stopped being ejected. still can't push the knob back in. so i looked it up in the manual and it says that knob dumps the fuel from the rear aux tank, which doesn't hold that much fuel.

what is the purpose of this? can i continue my long flight after performing this?

P.S. quick, stupid secondary question: what is the big, curved intake sticking out from the left side of the engine? couldn't find it in the manual

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

what is the big, curved intake sticking out from the left side of the engine? couldn't find it in the manual

air for supercharger, if you mean that on the picture

7808139952_42157198ab_o.jpg.b1ed2f909c8bda29a9305fa2b327492e.jpg

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

hey guys, quick question: what does the "Fuel / MW Jettison" knob do? i pull it, look outside my plane and see liquid pouring from my plane. im like "oh no i've just emptied all of my tanks onto the runway!" i try to push the knob back in, but it won't even budge. i check out my fuel indicator...but it isn't moving hmm. then i check outside again and the liquid has stopped being ejected. still can't push the knob back in. so i looked it up in the manual and it says that knob dumps the fuel from the rear aux tank, which doesn't hold that much fuel.

what is the purpose of this? can i continue my long flight after performing this?

P.S. quick, stupid secondary question: what is the big, curved intake sticking out from the left side of the engine? couldn't find it in the manual

109 have auxiliary Tank that's can hold Methanol-Water that's is sprayed direct in to the Supercharger or it's hold Fuel for increase Range.

When you change the knop to Fuel and fly around with MW 50 engaged supercharger is flooded with fuel should be kill the engine rather fast.

Doesn't know it this currently working in this way in DCS, possible your fluid spray come out of the intake hole, 109 doesn't have fuel dump switch.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

i think that dresoccer4 means No.59 on the picture and it is IMO fast drain MW/fuel tank (in emergency or fire? it was unprotected, so may be)

and u speak about No.4 what is battery ventilation??? but in DCS Bf it is switch between MW and fuel?

i can not translate it, i do not speak German :(

picture is from K-4 Flugzeug-Handbuch Teil 9A (1944)

Capture.thumb.JPG.183ffc7df817af79197e3f7a3dc95a33.JPG

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

ah you are right Saburo never noticed there is a fuel dump switch, it's only for the auxiliary Tank not for the Main Fuel Tank.

No.4 means Valve block switch between fuel line to the Engine and supercharger spray.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

i think that dresoccer4 means No.59 on the picture and it is IMO fast drain MW/fuel tank (in emergency or fire? it was unprotected, so may be)

and u speak about No.4 what is battery ventilation??? but in DCS Bf it is switch between MW and fuel?

i can not translate it, i do not speak German :(

picture is from K-4 Flugzeug-Handbuch Teil 9A (1944)

thanks for reply. i do mean number 59 in the picture. you think it's for a fire? i can buy that

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

No.4 means Valve block switch between fuel line to the Engine and supercharger spray.

yes, You are absolutely right, my fault...:smilewink:

and "Emeregency MW tank release valve" (this is called in one book about Bfs) allows to drain MW tank when pilot needs, so, fire can be that case... but not only of course

i tried it with MW50 inside and yes, i see liquid pouring from my plane too but when i set power to maximal with MW50 enabled, MW50 pressure gauge showed working system

it looks like you can drain MW tank but actually you do not do it and liquid will remains inside tank, i have no idea if it has any impact on flight model...

F-15E | F-14A/B

Strange. I could swear I remember draining it by accident before and having it not work afterwards...

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Works as intended. It takes some time to drain though. Half a year our longer ago I tested this way if the MW tank content has an effect on the planes cog and it did.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Pretty cool detail, huh? :)

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

• 2 years later...

Can't push the MW50/Fuel jettison button in again either. Is it not supposed to be able to push in again or is it a bug?

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))