Mission building - how to make AI aircraft idle on ramp?

rag48

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me to understand how to force an AI aircraft to idle in a parking spot at an airbase.

I'm building a few missions where the ability to do this would make things somewhat more immersive as opposed to using static aircraft objects, both visually (I could have weapons on pylons vs a clean config) and audibly (sound of engines vs dead silence at the airbase). I know I can tell aircraft to activate on a time delay, but from what I know this means that the aircraft spawns at the activation time, and I'd like everything visible from the start).

In essence I'd like to be able to tell an AI to takeoff from parking hot, without the takeoff or taxi actions. Similarly, if there is a way to have an AI aircraft spawn at mission start but then start the engines on a time delay, I'd love to know how to do that as well.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Note: I do know how to put aircraft at a base and set them as clients so that I have the option to hop into one, either cold or hot, whenever I like. But my request for help here is unrelated and is focused on player immersion. Thank you again.

Edited by rag48

Park a soldier or truck in front of the A.I. aircraft, and then either deactivate that unit, or tell that unit to move, when you want the aircraft to start taxing.

To do a time delay on an engine start, select the "uncontrolled" box. Then under the aircraft's advanced triggers, you'll find a "start" option in Perform Actions.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Thanks to both of you for the replies - despite being on these forums for many years I had never been to (or heard of) the Mission Builder's Corner. I tried the forum search and google search for quite some time but came up empty and that's when I decided to ask. Anyways now I know and thanks again for the solution!

• 2 weeks later...

Figure out which side of the runway they'll take and put a trigger zone at the end where they pull off.

UNIT INSIDE ZONE, UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN, and UNIT'S SPEED LOWER THAN can be used together to trigger a GROUP DEACTIVATE command (or EXPLODE UNIT if you don't want to lose the whole group )

Remember the values for these triggers are hard coded in metric so you might need to do some quick conversions.

There are some scripting solutions floating around as well if you are handy with .lua

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me to understand how to force an AI aircraft to idle in a parking spot at an airbase.

I'm building a few missions where the ability to do this would make things somewhat more immersive as opposed to using static aircraft objects, both visually (I could have weapons on pylons vs a clean config) and audibly (sound of engines vs dead silence at the airbase). I know I can tell aircraft to activate on a time delay, but from what I know this means that the aircraft spawns at the activation time, and I'd like everything visible from the start).

In essence I'd like to be able to tell an AI to takeoff from parking hot, without the takeoff or taxi actions. Similarly, if there is a way to have an AI aircraft spawn at mission start but then start the engines on a time delay, I'd love to know how to do that as well.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Note: I do know how to put aircraft at a base and set them as clients so that I have the option to hop into one, either cold or hot, whenever I like. But my request for help here is unrelated and is focused on player immersion. Thank you again.

Ya should be able to use "uncontrolled" the for waypoint 0 add advanced action of "Start" and "Hold" you can have it hold a set period of time or wait for a seperate trigger.

I think...

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.