DCS World Release 1.5.5 patch notes

Ells228

Patch notes for the DCS World release version to 1.5.5 today:

Aden gun pod fire and ejector positions updated.

Brake pressure gauges now functional.

Transponder panel now active (for future functionality).

Gun and stores stick flaps animated correctly.

External textures optimized.

Kneeboard updated for authentic Hawk checklists (manual copy of files required, see kneeboard folder for details).

Rear seat switching implemented for single player including functionality:

Press 2 and 1 to switch cockpits (can also assign to joystick).

Click spots updated for rear seat functionality.

Flap and gear control (clickable and joystick) implemented, including emergency flap and gear.

Flap and gear indicators functional.

Hydraulics and brake pressure gauges implemented.

Parking brake, Anti-Skid, Oxygen switch and AC/DC buttons all implemented.

HSI, Standby ADI, DGI and pressure settings switches, buttons and knobs functionality implemented.

All rear cockpit dash gauges implemented.

HSI Tacan / ILS navigation and glideslope functions implemented.

Beacon light and test implemented.

Accelerometer reset implemented.

CWP indicators functional including test switch.

Attention light reset switches implemented.

Land/Taxi light switch implemented.

Cockpit lighting switches, including dimmers, implemented.

Cockpit lighting WIP for FPS improvements.

CCS box implemented; VHF/UHF/ILS/Tacan (tune radios in front cockpit).

Canopy locking lever and safety catch implemented. Note: there is no grab handle in the back, press LCtrl+C to close or front cockpit grab handle).

Engine start / re-light sequence implemented. You can start the jet from the back but some switches in front need to be set (Ignition, Battery, LP Fuel Cock and Fuel Pump).

Weapons indicator panel functional and tied to front cockpit switch functionality (indicator lights show what has been set in the front).

Weapon override switch functional (set to override to disable firing of weapons).

Weapon jettison button functional.

Multi-Crew. Ability to ride-along in the rear seat in Player 2 slot on multi-player servers.

And in addition to the OpenBeta version patched last week:

Front and rear panel gauge night back-lights have been updated.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the rear seat in Hawk guys.

Chris and the team.

Edited by Ells228

Have a great weekend and enjoy the rear seat in Hawk guys.

Same to you gents and no problem about enjoying the back seat! :thumbup:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Just to clarify... If I have been using 5.5 beta do I need to have a new install for 5.5 release version ( in order to get the extra lighting ) or can I just update my beta?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Just to clarify... If I have been using 5.5 beta do I need to have a new install for 5.5 release version ( in order to get the extra lighting ) or can I just update my beta?

beta is fine. It is the same version as release at the moment, so you have the latest

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Cool, many thanks!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Congratulations guys, those backlights are a thing of beauty. Been doing dawn flights for the last couple of hours, really impressed at the way the instruments look when lit. Cheers

• Like 1

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Congratulations guys, those backlights are a thing of beauty. Been doing dawn flights for the last couple of hours, really impressed at the way the instruments look when lit. Cheers

Crash Laobi!

love your tube channel, always have a giggle.

More to come from VEAO so keep an eye on future patches :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you very much, Big!

The Hawk is the one that really perked my interest in DCS (childhood airshows and all that), I've been following its development closely and have been really impressed with how it's all come together since the EFM breakthrough. I rarely post here, but as I don't use FB (Life Invader) I wanted to congratulate you guys for the update. It's great to see RAF aircraft taking their place in DCS and I have a feeling that the breakthroughs made on the Hawk are paving the way for a lot of interesting future projects. Well done again.

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Am I missing something about the rear cockpit or shouldn't the gunsight work at rear?

Work in progress.

Thanks Crash, glad you like them. We think the effect looks great.

Cheers guys, glad you like the improvements.

Just to add, very nice work on the lights! Took her up for a quick night flight and very impressed with the improvement!

@ Laobi.

Had a quick look at your site. I enjoyed your Hawk vid ( though did get a "what are you watching!" from my wife at your description of what the back seat driver vid wasn't referring too!!! :D)

Ok, Front/Back multiplay is huge, if you ask me...even more huge for us vr guys! The only other F/B multiplayer I recall is Strike Eagle III, c.1995+/-.

Thanks Ells!

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 20,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g| GTX1080ti | 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just got this module today. It's a surprisingly good fighter and just damn fun to fly. I already have a RAAF mission ready to upload.

However, as I can still fly the plane after taking a hit from a missile, losing my elevators, and ejecting/dying, I take it that the damage model is still a WiP? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The physical damage model is complete.

All 3rd party aircraft have the same issue at the moment in that when wings are shot off etc. the aircraft carry on as if nothing happened.

We're working with ED on this one.

Also in the next 1.5.5 patch the AHRS topple and HYD2 bleed on re-spawn will be fixed.

Thanks,

Chris.

The physical damage model is complete.

All 3rd party aircraft have the same issue at the moment in that when wings are shot off etc. the aircraft carry on as if nothing happened.

We're working with ED on this one.

Also in the next 1.5.5 patch the AHRS topple and HYD2 bleed on re-spawn will be fixed.

Thanks,

Chris.

Shame those fixes didn't quite make it on this patch. Oh well.

DCS Finland | SF squadron