Zoom improvment is it planning in DCS for openVR? HTC VIVE/OSVR HDK

guimcdo

Hello,

Currently, with HTC VIVE and OSVR HDK2, zoom + & - commands doesn't work, head tracking works, and you can move forward to read gauge, but when you need to see a target on ground, far, a zoom would be welcome...

In normal mode, the zoom work correctly, with mouse scroll roll, but when the VR is activate, zoom doesn't work.

My question is for ED dev team: is it planned to improve the zoom support for HTC VIVE and OSVR HDK2, both of them using OpenVR?

Thanks

Rgds

Guillaume

Hello,

Currently, with HTC VIVE and OSVR HDK2, zoom + & - commands doesn't work, head tracking works, and you can move forward to read gauge, but when you need to see a target on ground, far, a zoom would be welcome...

In normal mode, the zoom work correctly, with mouse scroll roll, but when the VR is activate, zoom doesn't work.

My question is for ED dev team: is it planned to improve the zoom support for HTC VIVE and OSVR HDK2, both of them using OpenVR?

Thanks

Rgds

Guillaume

you can map the "VR zoom" (forgot the exact name) on a joystick button in the UI Layer DCS setting.

It lag horribly for me, but it's useful :)

you can map the "VR zoom" (forgot the exact name) on a joystick button in the UI Layer DCS setting.

It lag horribly for me, but it's useful :)

Does not work on the Vive, that is a Oculus only feature.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Yeah I'm really happy with the improvements for sure :)... But I primarily fly the Shark so the zoom is going to be one of my favorites :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Well, someone needs to come up with a way to get this to work with the HTC Vive. This just pisses me off when they say its HTC Vive and Oculus Rift compatible.

It's working so it's compatible. But it's doesn't have feature parity. But keep in mind Rift was supported by DCS since DK1 - like two years ago (18 Months?) So Vive support is always a bit behind compared to Rift.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hansangb, How did you get it to work then? Because I have tried over and over to get it to work, and still it does not

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. The last sentence is the key part. Vive has been slow to adopt techniques and DCS has been slow to implement features on Vive. It's been Rift first, again, because rift has been out longer and been supported longer.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1