Getting a bad performance hit

Beqanyc

Hey guys,

I recently noticed that when I create mission with 4 or 8 medium groups (several tanks and trucks ) (2 squads of helicopter or attack aircraft) active on a map I get a very bad performance hit on my system when they are active (moving around shooting each other). When units are static , I can have an entire map populated and I will not get any performance hit.

I understand that the active units require CPU processing but it was never that bad. Now when I'm flying towards active units or even move camera to look at the units or around them it reacts as if my mouse laser had the water on it and was sliding (exact description) it lags , when I look other direction in game in returns to normal.

These are my system specs:

Windows 10

SSD 512 (Game is installed)

GTX 980 NVidia

i7-4770K

8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM

Please , any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• ED Team

you have a very similar build to mine, only thing I can suggest is to upgrade the RAM to 16gb

8gb is minimum for DCS, most users see a difference when they upgrade

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

you have a very similar build to mine, only thing I can suggest is to upgrade the RAM to 16gb

8gb is minimum for DCS, most users see a difference when they upgrade

Thank you! I just placed an order for 8gb more RAM so I should have 16gb soon.

Can you suggest me how to configure this simulator in settings?

For example which stetting's should be on high or medium for the game to run smoothly.

or if you want put the screenshot of your settings, would be absolutely great.

Thanks again for your response!

• ED Team

these are the settings I use for open beta in multiplayer.

you may need to tweak to get the right balance of performance and detail as required.

Medium preset is a good place to start.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

you may need to tweak to get the right balance of performance and detail as required.

You've been very helpful thank you! :beer:

Bignewy

Do you get any sort of benefit from having the view distance on ultra? I have mine on medium and don't see any difference on anything higher apart from fps drop!!

• ED Team
Bignewy

Do you get any sort of benefit from having the view distance on ultra? I have mine on medium and don't see any difference on anything higher apart from fps drop!!

I will be honest I have not changed it for a long time so would not know. I will change and compare and let you know

• ED Team

I did not notice a difference between high and ultra visually or with my frames.

When I went to extreme I noticed a slight dip in frame rates