Good Campaign for Non-Expert

CrackerJack

There are a couple of A10C DLC campaigns available plus a few created by the community. I'm familiar with the A10C and its systems but far from being an expert I still have to frequently look things up in the manual. I'm looking for a campaign recommendation that would not be overly difficult but provide a fun way to enhance my skills. Thanks!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Well, there is the basic flight training DLC that you could try.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If you haven't tried yet, play the stock campaign. It's ok, nothing special, sometimes quite repetitive but good to start with and get some experience.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

+1 for the stock "Georgian Hammer" campaign, it's quite fun to fly, also +1 for both Save Badger and Operation Jackal as well as Gliptal's mission.

My experience has always been that I become a better pilot by flying campaigns even before I consider myself quite ready for them.

The best DLC campaigns so far are The Enemy Within and Operation Piercing Fury IMO.

Both take a pretty realistic approach at missions, briefings, goals, loadouts and tasks, while allowing for enough fictional components to keep the whole thing entertaining and challenging. They're definitely not for beginners, but intermediate pilots should learn a lot while flying them, out of necessity. For instance, if you don't know how to create waypoints from different types of coordinates (Lat/Long, MGRS, Bullseye Offset), you'll definitely want to learn it, or be forced to search like half of Georgia for a few vehicles. :smartass:

I think the Red Flag Campaign is quite decent as well, but I had some problems when I flew it and haven't continued past mission 3, so I can't tell for sure.

There are a couple of A10C DLC campaigns available plus a few created by the community. I'm familiar with the A10C and its systems but far from being an expert I still have to frequently look things up in the manual. I'm looking for a campaign recommendation that would not be overly difficult but provide a fun way to enhance my skills. Thanks!

I just finished the BQT campaign (Basic Qualification Training) last week and had a ball considering I never fired a shot. This campaign really taught me the fundamentals of flying the A10 and I'm a firm believer that a solid foundation of basic flying skills are crucial to the A10. If you're frequently looking stuff up I would highly recommend this campaign. Plus you can view Recon Stewart's videos for the whole campaign.

ASUS P6T SE, i7-920 @ 2.66, 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333, ASUS EAH5850 Radeon 1GB, and Win7 64

Saitek X52 throttle/joystick combo

I just finished the BQT campaign (Basic Qualification Training) last week and had a ball considering I never fired a shot. This campaign really taught me the fundamentals of flying the A10 and I'm a firm believer that a solid foundation of basic flying skills are crucial to the A10. If you're frequently looking stuff up I would highly recommend this campaign. Plus you can view Recon Stewart's videos for the whole campaign.

I agree. Been playing the Hog on and off since it was released and never got to fully try to properly fly it. The BQT and the AQT are the most fun i've had and its so satisfying (and punishing! xD).

DCS Discord community - https://discord.gg/U8aqzVT

Are you talking about this one?

Home > User Files > A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Practice Missions

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1