TACAN A/A

diditopgun

Hi !

Since the beginning TACAN in A/A show other aircraft direction in DCS M2000.

It should not and only display distance.

Will it be corrected soon ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Can you take a look at the X vs Y codeing while you are at it, as at the moment it does not seem to matter. In RL we used to use it to give us a quick way to look at another formation element.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Direction to other aircraft which have the VOR transmitter works. Mirage itself just has DME transmitter. So other aircraft get only range from mirage, but mirage gets heading to other aircrafts which transmit VOR also. Such as tonkerz and A10c.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Yes after more test it not show direction to other mirage (work as it should) but it show direction to KC-135. What I have read is that only KC-10 has this capability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Yes after more test it not show direction to other mirage (work as it should) but it show direction to KC-135. What I have read is that only KC-10 has this capability.

Very unlikely Tacan VOR is super low tech. Its just a heavy device thats why fighters tend to not have it installed. But A10c has it due to A10 reasons :D

But that would be something ED has to fix, not razbam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

No, the A-10C does not have bearing transmitting equipment. I have only heard of KC-10. By the way, for the KC-135, in the Mission Editor it is possible to disable the bearing part of the TACAN, there is a tickbox somewhere.

The A-10C is equipped with the AN/ARN-118 TACAN equipment. To quote the manual: The A-10 can provide Air-to-Air range information to another A-10 or suitably equipped aircraft, but cannot provide Air-to-Air bearing information.

Also, to be accurate, TACAN has nothing to do with VOR.

By the way, for the KC-135, in the Mission Editor it is possible to disable the bearing part of the TACAN, there is a tickbox somewhere.

Ah thanks, I will check. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]