webcam head tracking?

Thank you for your reply!

If my solution (see below) does not work, I will use yours: It seems like a great (and budget!) way to get headtracking working. TrackIR, and Oculus Rift even, are out of my reach; I need to buy a joystick first, anyway.

Currently I try FacetracknoIR 1.7 (URL="https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79645"]https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79645[/url])the last free version I could find, with alright results. The headtracking works fine. However, I have to tune my settings and get used to the whole headtracking thing.

Any Facetracknoir DCS settings are very welcome ;)

Best regards,

Brett

You can always try Opentrack and use the Aruco Paper Marking option. You print out a marker, mount it on your forehead, and the camera will track the movement of the marker. No need for any LED clips or a filter on your camera. May be a little tricky to set-up but it is free.

buy some cheap IR set in your region, i use HBF FreeTrack and its rly accurate with proper setup, it costs around 25$ (ir set+ps3 eye). I use battery version, i didnt try usb powered one but i think it would be better. Without any IR sources in the background its basically flawless. I tried face tracking(no marks) but its not reliable, gets annoying quickly.

Simple webcam with FreeTrack is what you are looking for.

Attach a tiny small torchlight to your headset and cover the webcam with fully exposed photo film or something, you can get 2 DOF headtracker. OpenTrack doesnt support single light.

You can get a 2nd hand PS3 Eye Cam for 10€ (Austria). Cover it again with film and get a UTC Mark II or TrackClip Pro around 30€. 40€ for the whole thing.

Also, OpenTrack software works better than TrackIR's software.

With proper headtracking you'll be addicted to DCS.

With Oculus Rift you'll explode.

I bought the PS3 eye, it was crap. Didn't work at all. I had to shove my face into the monitor for it to detect the lights on the head tracker.

I bought the PS3 eye, it was crap. Didn't work at all. I had to shove my face into the monitor for it to detect the lights on the head tracker.

Could have been a bad camera. Did you install the cleye driver for the camera and make any adjustments? I bought a used ps3 eyecam for $10.00 over a year ago and it works without any issues. Homemade 3 pt IR clip, opentrack, and the ps3 eye, works like a charm.

Could have been a bad camera. Did you install the cleye driver for the camera and make any adjustments? I bought a used ps3 eyecam for $10.00 over a year ago and it works without any issues. Homemade 3 pt IR clip, opentrack, and the ps3 eye, works like a charm.

I have the same set-up and works as Len62 says. You need to set-up the camera before tuning the software.

There are lots of how to's on U-Tube how to get everything set up. It takes a bit of work but well worth it once you have it all good.

Cheers

N Good Luck.

Rotor57

My Rig; Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5_32GB RAM_GTX 1080 _X55 Rhino Throttle_TM_Warthog Flight Stick_TM Pedals_28" 4K Eyeball Bleeding Monitor::doh:

Take off is optional, landing is not::pilotfly:

FC3; CA; NTTR; P51; Spitfire; F86F; Mig15; F5; KA-50; AJS 37 Viggen; UH-1H; F18C; A10-C;M2000;AV8B-N/A;Christen Eagle;

I'm using FaceTrackNoIR for face tracking with PS3 Eye. Usually people complaining that this setup requires daylight to work properly, but I removed the IR filter from the camera and fixed the focus. A desk lamp with incandescent light bulb (60W) is used to illuminate the wall at front of me and results are almost perfect. Only Z axis was slightly unstable and required some curve adjustment.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

• 2 months later...

Hey guys ,

please help me sort this out

I bought a ps3 eye and a 3 ir light clip for my headphones, I downloaded opentrack and it all works fine, but when it comes to DCS world its a no go ! iv been playing around with this headtracker.dll thing and I just cant get it to work , I can see the trackir tab in the control settings in the game , but when I fly nothing happens , if anyone can help me sort this out it would be awesome ,