IFF bug

Dave317

Well that's what the open beta branch is for... to catch these things before they go to the release version.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

1st. Test. The IFF bug only affects TWS. IFF is working as intended in STT mode.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well, in principle, yes (i.e. IFF not perfect).

OTOH, IRL you should trust a positive IFF ID (particularly in mode 4).

What you shouldn't do is take "no positive IFF ID" as an equivalent to "it's a bandit".

Depends. In a serious full out war, dunno, remains to be seen how secure IFF is.

But I agree, in general a valid response is more unambiguous then none.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

It is an ED bug. Built-in IFF interrogator is returning all contacts as friendly. Fortunately I have a work around and now the IFF interrogator is working as intended in RWS and TWS.

I can't declare bug squashed since it still exists in DCS but at least it is not affecting the M-2000C anymore.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

DIRAV (Nose Wheel Steering) button in flight will initiate an IFF interrogation. Friendly targets on VTB will have a diamond symbol added in search/PID mode, and friendly locked target will appear with 2 vertical lines in PIC mode.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

So how to launch this IFF Interrogator?

DIRAV (Nose Wheel Steering) button in flight will initiate an IFF interrogation. Friendly targets on VTB will have a diamond symbol added in search/PID mode, and friendly locked target will appear with 2 vertical lines in PIC mode.

Remember it has to be turned on first! Below the INS, dial on the right hand side.

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver

Errr ......

Below the INS, dial on the right hand side.

JD

AKA_MattE

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16