Jump to content

MiG-15bis control problems


zerO_crash
 Share

Recommended Posts

This bug has been present from the beginning, but as Zhukov said, it only affects the preflight control surface check and can thus be ignored. Looks daft though, so maybe we'll see a fix later, who knows.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Later? It's been 4 years, they don't seem in a hurry to fix it ;)

I'd be surprised if they even saw the bug report though. If that's annoying someone, I'd suggest to create a new one in a fresh thread (or even better, to post it in the Russian part of the forums).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Broken controls when static

 

The control input is broken when being static on the ground.

 

Example: If you move your stick fully forward, the stick in DCS goes forward. If you move your stick fully back, the stick in DCS will move forward again.

 

This happens only when being static though. As soon as you start moving, everything is fine again.

 

Same goes for ailerons. Also, it can happen in any direction. This makes checking the flight controls on the ground impossible and unless you know it, it will really confuse you when you notice this before takeoff.

 

For the track: All I've done was moving the stick forwards and backwards.

brokencontrols.trk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This issue was fixed a long time ago looking at the report.

 

If you are still having issues please delete your mig-15 folder in your controls and start fresh see it it helps.

 

The track replays seem to work correctly for me.

 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, BIGNEWY said:

This issue was fixed a long time ago looking at the report.

 

If you are still having issues please delete your mig-15 folder in your controls and start fresh see it it helps.

 

The track replays seem to work correctly for me.

 

thank you

 

Just did as suggested -->  Naah, does not work :(

Still embarassing !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, BIGNEWY said:

This issue was fixed a long time ago looking at the report.

 

If you are still having issues please delete your mig-15 folder in your controls and start fresh see it it helps.

 

The track replays seem to work correctly for me.

 

thank you

@NineLineSame here. Running a fresh install on a brand new PC and I still have this issue. Can confirm it's definitely not fixed.  It's quite the immersion killer.

  • Like 2

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • NineLine changed the title to MiG-15bis control problems
9 hours ago, NineLine said:

I am not seeing an issue, if you are still seeing it, please load a track for me to take a look at.

Thanks.

It's still an issue. The track below is still showcasing it.

 

I'd attach a newer track if I could, but I can't...

 

I had it again 1 week ago, but because MP track, it's now 80Mb big.

 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, razo+r said:

Broken controls when static

 

The control input is broken when being static on the ground.

 

Example: If you move your stick fully forward, the stick in DCS goes forward. If you move your stick fully back, the stick in DCS will move forward again.

 

This happens only when being static though. As soon as you start moving, everything is fine again.

 

Same goes for ailerons. Also, it can happen in any direction. This makes checking the flight controls on the ground impossible and unless you know it, it will really confuse you when you notice this before takeoff.

 

For the track: All I've done was moving the stick forwards and backwards.

brokencontrols.trk 670.07 kB · 48 downloads

 


Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NineLineI've just tried razo+r's very short track and I clicked 'take control': I was then able to reproduce the issue. Moving the stick forward would move the cockpit stick backward.

Although it looks like a very rare event (I cannot replicate it when starting a mission), there must be something in the track data explaining what's happening.

  • Like 1

A track or it didn't happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I will report and see if the team can get anything from it, like Flappie I could never reproduce the issue.

Normally I lock these when reported, but as we cant 100% reproduce it I will leave it open in case more information comes. 

SigDCSNew.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Myself and a friend have had the same issue. 

In single player it seems to be fine, but in multiplayer, I get control reversal in both pitch and roll. 
To me it appears this applies to certain servers. (Like aerobatics europe and aerobatics online)

Engine off and on had the control reversal, but as soon as I taxied it came back to normal... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't it a wind-related issue? I have a vague recollection of something like that being mentioned by one of BST devs back years ago when this bug was first reported (and deemed low priority issue thus no fix). I might be wrong though. 

Can't play razo+r's track (probably recorded on the map I don't own) - what's the wind direction in this one (relative to a stationary airplane)?


Edited by Art-J
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Art-J said:

Wasn't it a wind-related issue? I have a vague recollection of something like that being mentioned by one of BST devs back years ago when this bug was first reported (and deemed low priority issue thus no fix). I might be wrong though. 

Can't play razo+r's track (probably recorded on the map I don't own) - what's the wind direction in this one (relative to a stationary airplane)?

 

Track was on Persian Gulf with wind 6 kts coming from ~30 degrees front right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...