Game Saving Request to DCS software developers

munga

Attention DCS software designers {or whatever you call yourselves these days}:smartass:

I am a father of two and I love my A-10c Warthog to death, however it comes a time as a father you’re called upon away from your PC.

I have started to play a number of missions of late and most of the times, I cannot get back on my computer chair. I have no other option but to exit the mission and start again when time available.

I don’t understand as to why there is no game saving feature or option in such an advanced combat simulated game…

I have other Sim games I own eg.FSX & Prepard3D and they have it.

I am sure other members in this forum will feel the same as well.

A BIG REQUEST….Can someone in the DCS software engineering world come up with a solution in creating a feature in Saving a Flight or Mission on the Warthog….{ I don’t care if I have to pay for it, but I believe it’s one of biggest missing feature missing from this simulator.}

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I'd love to see such a feature as well.

In the meantime, there's a crude way to attempt a workaround. May or may not work well.

When you quit, save the track.

Then when you want to continue, replay the track, and then before your original mission stopped, hit ESC and select "Take control".

The thing is, track playback allows to speed up the replay. At sufficiently high replay speed, you could skip an hour of real time flying in just a few minutes, allowing you to pick up right around the mark where you were forced to quit.

Now, here's some of the things that can go wrong:

• If you don't take control soon enough, the track will just quit to the debriefing screen.
  • Playback may be botched. Maybe your plane will fly into the ground. Maybe other units will collide. Maybe weapons that were spot-on will miss.
  • The longer the playback runs, the more likely it is to divert from what actually happened.
  • Speeding up playback makes it much more likely to botch it.

Anyway, other than waste a little time of your life, trying this out probably won't hurt. Good luck! :thumbup:

Oh, and don't forget to recruit your kids as wingmen as soon as they're old enough. :smartass:

Can't +1 on mobile (I'll do it when I get home if I remember) but yes we need this!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

You guys do know about converting track files in Saved Games to mission files? I take Multiplayer sessions and convert to play by myself in Single Player mission setups.

I just took a .trk file in Users/username/Saved Games/DCS.openalpha/Tracks/Multiplayer , from one of the F99th's missions, "Battle of Moapa" from April 2016 in the 2.0 Alpha.

I renamed the .trk suffix to .miz and placed the new .miz file as the aforementioned path, same path, but paste it in DCS.openalpha/Missions

I play it in Mission / My Missions (right column of the opening gaming screen).

It can also be played and modded in the Mission Editor.

Whatever aircraft that are offered in the mission file, the ones you paid for, you can fly or drive (tanks, etc.---Combined Arms), and usually can choose Red side or Blue side.

2.0 is still in Alpha; I am surprised this even works. Mission designers get a little bit peeved. But I just replay it by myself just for myself and fight the AI.

Takes a little-bit head scratching to figure it out.

I learned how to do this probably in the 1.2 version. There is a tutorial somewhere in the archive. I have not done this procedure in quite awhile, and I think the Alpha's path is done differently.

-+-

But maybe that's not the same thing you guys are requesting.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

I'd like to see this too, for the same reason, and sometimes because it would be nice to see how a given situation unfolds with different tactics.

Such a feature could probably help the designers have a mission start with a context more easily, too.

The current work-around (taking control of track files) is painfully time-consumming, and are not stable - how many times would the aircraft just crash instead of replicating what it was doing.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

A save feature would generate more revenue for DCS as I personally haven't invested in any campaigns due to time constraints, however if there was a save feature I would jump on the campaigns to save me making simple missions in the editor and get back to it!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

That's a good point - I don't touch campaigns any more, simply because they are a time heavy investment.

Another upside would be missions could also be designed more like Real-time campaigns. Different elements created by the mission designer, entering the mission to span over a whole day for example. The player could progress though the "Day" mini campaign at their leisure. The Upside is that unlike the current campaigns, the "World" State is preserved when the player goes back to the Mini-campaign.

The Existing Resources system would finally have a use in single player, as mission is no longer just a few hours long.

Edit:- and just think of what Combined Arms would become - it would no longer be just a tactical module, it could be used as a strategic simulator. A CA General deploying forces over the whole map. CA becomes a War simulator rather than a Battle simulator.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

I think that it would work well if it was added as "SAVE & QUIT" option (with only one slot for save game). After all I guess 95% of DCS players are mature enough not to cheat, and even if they do - so what? In SP it doesn't matter. And it is true that RL issues can break long missions and re-flying sorties taking 1.5-2hrs + may be discouraging.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Nice thing about the copters, are, I can land anywhere, except on the water; turn off the engine, and as long as I don't get disconnected by a timeout or power failure, leave my PC on, I can come back to the game later. Most MP missions do have a maximum time limit, though, then they reset their server, is the only downfall with that tactic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]