How to use the M2000 in Mulitplayer

MrBukkake

What is the best use of the M2000 in Mulitplayer on servers like Open conflict.

I very often struggle to put my M2000 in a fight against an F15C , SU27 and much more so against the F-16AI armed with Aim120C.

At the current stage i find the the Super 530D pretty useless since i happen to loose track of the target as soon it performs a 90 Degree maneuver realtive to my vector. So i am wondering if i shouldnt just swap the Super530D against some magic.

I usually try to fly low in my M2000, try to stay in mountain cover arround conflict zone and use sporadically my radar.

How do you use the M2000 and what are ur experiences so far?

I usally fly on the Buddyspike/BlueFlag server and I can use the M2000 to great effect there, because the mission takes place in an 80s setting, without active radar homing missiles (AIM-120 and R-77), so the Mirage 2000 is pretty much on pair with the F-15 and Su-27 there.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sneaking from below works pretty good. Makes it harder for them to notch too. Being ready to lose the lock (and quickly re-acquire is) when you see them turning also helps.

And just try coming as close as possible to your target. The mirage turns on a dime, so just keep hitting those 90 degrees turns when you hear a missile launch warning until the tone disappears.

A tactic I use often is to just light up the bandit with STT to trick him into notching (and thus losing a lot of speed) a few miles before he is "in fire range". Helps a lot.

How about Radar? Do you keep it on or do u use Awacs and use radar only for terminal guidance and lock on? What radar setting is the best for flying the Mirage at low altitude? I usually set radar to 30° and 2 Lines scan at HPRF.

Would u suggest some other settings?