Horizontal Stabilizer

OK i agre with the 1.15 Limit, its explainet in sheet 9 and 10, they enlarged the trim tab by 100% as well.

But the DCS Trim wheel locks not limited at 1.15 and the bird is still pitching nose up with a full nose heavy trim at 500kph.

The Chart Shows a neutral stick Position at 500kph, thats why im guess something is wrong.

All in All... since the last patch the Bird is flying much better :)

The text seems to imply a push of the stick during dive, on top of full trim.

In sim, full trim, I don't even have to push at the end of the dive. I'm at loss about your expectations, tbh.

Which chart are you referring to? Last page of the doc? The pilot is pullling to get out of the dive, isn't he? I get smtg remarkably close in the sim, tbh

To correct on my previous statements on cruise & pitch up tendancy, I indeed had rose tinted glasses, it's slightly above the "1" mark that I keep the bird level on cruise settings. No need for push of stick.

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

The text seems to imply a push of the stick during dive, on top of full trim.

In sim, full trim, I don't even have to push for most of the dive. I'm at loss about your expectations, tbh.

Which chart are you referring to?

To correct on my previous statements on cruise & pitch up tendancy, I indeed had rose tinted glasses, it's slightly above the "1" mark that I keep the bird level on cruise settings. No need for push of stick.

Its the chart with the 1.15 in sheet 10

But this pitch up effect is only with a full tank, locks like its gone with some burned fuel.

Well sure bendable, ground adjustable trim tabs are set before flight. That is kind of obvious from my text isnt it? The thing is, Yo-Yos reasoning for not including them was, why put in a secondary source of trim if there is already the stab. Well then why did the engineers include these trim tabs? Simply to give the pilot and it's ground crew another option to either personalize the aircraft to the pilot or to adjust for damage/ factory variation. I am pretty sure there is a technical reason to not include them, as the argument "you already have one option for pitch trim control" is invalid. As the second pitch trim control would allow to adjust the neutral trim point to the pilot liking within a certain envelope of course.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

But this pitch up effect is only with a full tank, locks like its gone with some burned fuel.

Well, I get really close to this behavior with a simple plane put in ME @29700 fts, so I guess full tank since I didn't touch fuel.

Yes, when jumping into the pit, I get a full pitch up effect, and if I just push forward I guess I would struggle to keep in a dive, but once @1° trim (slightly more), stabilising flight in cruise (1.35ata / 2400RPM) to establish 400kph (the start of the test in the chart sheet 10), push engine toward combat settings (1.45ata / 2600RPM) and dive, I'll need full trim to get a dive while keeping a slight push of the stick, I then monitor RPM to keep them out of danger zone while building up speed, and the need for pushing the stick goes slowly away until I need to pull to get out of dive. (actually, all controls get horribly stiff at that point). I didn't replicate the actual dive in chart, I probably could have pushed engine a bit more to accelerate faster, but that was close enough, imho.

I guess it's not perfect (we will never know for sure), but the whole thing about plane pitching up, if that was a problem before (no clue, I'm a relatively recent user of DCS 109), isn't an issue now.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

OK i agre with the 1.15 Limit, its explainet in sheet 9 and 10, they enlarged the trim tab by 100% as well.

But the DCS Trim wheel locks not limited at 1.15 and the bird is still pitching nose up with a full nose heavy trim at 500kph.

The Chart Shows a neutral stick Position at 500kph, thats why im guess something is wrong.

All in All... since the last patch the Bird is flying much better :)

I tried kindly, no need for more discussion. Good luck before thread gets locked, because of you or once some old friends make a visit around here :smilewink:.

S!

P.S.: still you reading weirdly charts, take a closer look.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I lent my Bf109 K4 module to a friend for a few weeks so I can't test those dive experiments ...:-( It's my 2nd 109 module... I love this aircraft ( well the same happened with the 190 and the 51d, the uh1h and the mi8 - bought them all twice :-/ ), and all aspects being considered, the level of quality / detail / complexity in these modules is really Special!

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

It works as intended too. :)

Fuel and ammo weight etc is simulated, so when you burn some fuel, you empty the rear tank, which will bring the CoG forward and thus make the plane less tail heavy.

(same goes in the other modules btw.)

Sorry if I came out a little harsh, it is just, we have had this discussion soo many times (and got threads closed because of it), and some people were quite "reluctant" to accept the module as it is.

Just enjoy her as she is, she's a wonderful little flyer.

And if you didn't try it already, try to fly her with manual propeller pitch.

She transcends into a quite different and more docile bird, and even trim gets easier to handle. ;)

Happy flying. :)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use